My 1st MOLLE webbing modification completed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quinlan

May 30, 2017
Haywards Heath
I've just finished sewing molle webbing on my Highlander medium haversack. Did it from scratch, meaning 1st molle attempt and 1st hand sewing attempt in general as well. No straight, smooth lines, but I believe it will do its job. It is certainly very sturdy. For the binding straps I inserted thin pieces of plastic to increase their rigidity, as they were very flexible.

http://slideful.com/v20170622_1353941247094217_ijf.htm?v=3&r=263491938

Quinlan

May 30, 2017
Haywards Heath
Indeed it would have helped. Not too worried, though. This project was practice for my previously non-existent hand sewing skills. Thank god for the speedy stitcher by the way. I have a swedish LK35 which I will mod extensively by adding side, front pouches, waist belt, yoke, etc. I had to start from somewhere and this is the first attempt. I will use it as front/center pouch after I sew webbing on the rucksack. Reason for going the molle way is that I want to be able to switch between additions according to my needs and the modular approach with molle webbing is just perfect.

Quinlan

May 30, 2017
Haywards Heath
I was impressed when you said you did it all by hand, i thought your fingers would be raw, but then lost it with the 'speedy stitcher' comment :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Regardless of the existence of the speedy stitcher for hand sewing hard fabrics, some finger pricking was, is and will be involved.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE