Music around the campfire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rich^uk

Feb 4, 2010
England
Well I know many will frown and say "oh my god are you mad?" But i do enjoy a bit of music around the camp fire.
I can't play or sing so I choose to let others while i'm out. Small speaker and my mp3 player and then enjoy some music.

I am young but Go for the older music really.

Just wondering if i really am the only person who does this some Rolling Stones/Beatles/Hendrix when with friends and for me....well a few links below for my usual stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX7TA3ezjHc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imbwn6iVryQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwti4feAA6k

Music that makes me think really. Hope you can all appreciate a hethen but it helps me to appreciate the great wilderness that is life. :240:

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
If I am camping with bushcrafters, then probably not - unless someone starts a singalong. If I'm camping with other musicians, definitely. But never canned music. Always live. I have my MP3, but that's just for me with my earphones in my hammock.

Eric

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
got drunk enough once and a began to sing round a campfire - glad i dont remember too much about it lol

most of the time if im at a comunual campfire and there are musicians i very much appreciate it , though bringing speakers - eek not sure about that

when im out most of the time im out on my own so i like to be silent and draw as little attention to myself as possible and feel really connected to the area im in - and i think headphones - or music would be a distraction from that experiance - hell i spend enough time indoors with all sorts of media around me filling my sences

saying that though sometimes its a great feeling swinging in the hammock with headphones on - esspecially if you find yourself in a noisey campsite

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
I occasionally give a rendition of the engineer song (once the tiny people are asleep of course)

ronnie corbett?

in all seriousness though the place i have permission to camp in has a neighbour thst would call the police and say an illegal rave was taking place if i played music up there.
shame really as i would love to play a few AC/DC tracks before retiring to my pit lol

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
I like to sit at my campfire and play my moothie (very badly!). Its amazing how quickly my talent improves with consumption of the amber nectar!

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
at the wilderness gathering '08 my mate Luke Williams(if you read this mate get in touch missed you lasrt year!) had his guitar with him and we were all three parts gone and sang shed loads of made up on the spot rock/country songs, it was one of the best nights on the pop under the stars i have ever had!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
There is no metal like heavy metal!
kinda hard to play round the campfire unless you get two guys good at the balad type stuff on their guitars.

i need a guitar i can take with me bushin' just out of the way where i can sing and play on my own in front of a fire, bothering no one but myself :D
i reckon i could write a fair amount like that.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
At the Moot last year James (JDLenton) and Paul (Listenclear) played fiddle and mandolin around our fire in the evenings.........just brilliant :D

cheers,
Toddy

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
At the Moot last year James (JDLenton) and Paul (Listenclear) played fiddle and mandolin around our fire in the evenings.........just brilliant :D

cheers,
Toddy

thanks very much Mary glad you enjoyed it was a pleasue and hopefully there will be more this year :)

For me it has to be acoustic after that i don't mind. Traditional scotish and english folk is what I play mainly, but i have been known to jam up alsorts of tunes that others have started to play

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE