Multi-Tools for Bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
So for pliers based you want one with an outside accessible blade then. Wave surge skeletool etc (I don't know the Swiss tool models)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Not to carry shopping due to the law, But yes both when I'm out and about in the field.
cheers

There is the juice if you want to stay on the safe side of the law. I have one and despite the build quality being a bit pants (grind on the knife was shocking) its a good tool. My swiss X i think its called has a serrated blunt tipped knife so is kinda friendly although still locks..

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
I hate the blades on multitools, but I love the other tools.

one exception being the blade on the skeletool, way better than that on the charge TTi

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Victorinox offers at a usual knive to replace a broken blade for round about 10€.

You could ask them if they can't change for you the blade against another tool immediately before they send it to you.

I guess if it's technically possible they will do it. They sell world wide but they think pretty conservative.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I like the blade on the Spirit. Not the serrated one you see on one version, but the nicely outlined plain blade you see on the other one. They should do it as a single blade in a nicer steel with its own scales. Very elegant snicker it would make.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I did go out one day and as a blade used a leather an signal to carve a spoon. It was a very different experience and certainly not the easies.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
In my opinion a lot of multitools are essentially a pair of folding pliers with a lot of compromise fiddly bits, I wouldn't mind a decent set of folding pliers that were simply pliers and nothing else, as an SAK is better for everything else.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE