Mugged on a hike

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Stew.. The very same. Not far from Berkhampstead. I've been loads before and never had a problem. Today was the first instance of anything like this happening to me, ever. I've never felt like this before. So I'm a bit shakey and yeah

Blimey. Not the sort of theing that you expect to hear about nearby and I really wouldn't have expected it up there!

Fingers crossed that the police catch them!

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I was about 10 mins walk into the woodland from the entrance. And I got knocked down. Having menieres didn't help. Fully deaf jn my left ear and partial hearing in my right ear, so I couldn't hear them coming. When I tried to get up, 2 had knives to my face.

Choice was hand over stuff or face knives going in me. Nothing is worth me dying over.

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
I feel wound up reading this thread- grrrr.

Best wishes mate and hope it doesn't put you off getting out there and doing what is natural. Others have already jumped in with offers so can't add anything further otherwise I would have definitely offered up a replacement of some sorts without hesitation.

ATB chap and remember there are more good guys out there than bad ;-)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Well dont have anymore.... Bed.:)

But the night is young and the whiskey is flowing! :p

Half a bottle of bourbon here so far and I intend to finish it... its been one of those weeks again! I'm being mugged at the minute... but apparently its legal when a solicitor does it :mad:

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
But the night is young and the whiskey is flowing! :p

Half a bottle of bourbon here so far and I intend to finish it... its been one of those weeks again! I'm being mugged at the minute... but apparently its legal when a solicitor does it :mad:
I used to work for a law firm doing the IT. You'd be surprised how hard they actually work. They do ludicrous amounts of courses to keep on top of legal presidences, new laws etc, and research for their cases.

But yes, whisky is all good.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I used to work for a law firm doing the IT. You'd be surprised how hard they actually work. They do ludicrous amounts of courses to keep on top of legal presidences, new laws etc, and research for their cases.

But yes, whisky is all good.

Oh don't get me wrong... I know how much work they have to do... but when they take you to court trying to get more than the average house price out of you for something that is pretty much nothing to do with you... its stressful and rather upsetting.

Thankfully I have opted for the FEITCTAJ attitude... just weeks like this last one that get on my nerves. Distracts from everything and I get lost in my computer and bottle of something strong.

Anyway... stuff all that... it's Saturday night and we're enjoying whiskey :D

What you drinking anyway? Scotch?

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
That's awful mate...so sorry you've been through this.

I'd echo what the others have said and agree that the best idea is to hand your gear over rather than risking the alternative. I know it'll stick in your throat but better to have you here than injured or worse.

Here's hoping they do get caught and the book thrown at them.

Losing kit is always hard, especially in such a horrific way...but you matter more mate. Glad you're safe, even if there's a few bumps and bruises.

Take care and best wishes

NS40

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
im gutted for you fella , but your thread is also uplifting with all the positive comments and offers youve received. ...theres some really fantastic , thoughtful folk on here. Your frustration and fear can only be replaced by yourself and hope it comes to you quickly....festering is as harmful in the long term as any wound can be.
karma will see to them im sure. save the rest of the whisky for happy times....its wasted on thoughts of the scroates ....sleep well and wake strong fella.....tomorrow brings a bright new world of experience. ...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brynglas

im gutted for you fella , but your thread is also uplifting with all the positive comments and offers youve received. ...theres some really fantastic , thoughtful folk on here. Your frustration and fear can only be replaced by yourself and hope it comes to you quickly....festering is as harmful in the long term as any wound can be.
karma will see to them im sure. save the rest of the whisky for happy times....its wasted on thoughts of the scroates ....sleep well and wake strong fella.....tomorrow brings a bright new world of experience. ...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE