Withdrawn Muela Storm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I have brand new never used Muela Storm up for rehoming. Very nice knife, full tang, black micarta handle and thick leather sheath.

Asking £55 posted UK mainland only, royal tracked.

PayPal or bank transfer.

Buyer must be 18 years or old to purchase.

IMG20221018155846.jpgIMG20221018155857.jpgIMG20221018155905.jpg

Reactions: R_Fonseca

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Last final bump before I combine this with other items as a job lot. £43 bank transfer posted UK mainland

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello @broop,
I have approved your post on the basis that Gra has been trying to sell this for a long while, but his opening post is explicit about shipping to UK mainland only. In last couple of years the shipping services in the UK have made it all but impossible for private individuals (even pro-makers) to ship knives outside the mainland.

broop

Sep 20, 2023
United States
Hello @broop,
I have approved your post on the basis that Gra has been trying to sell this for a long while, but his opening post is explicit about shipping to UK mainland only. In last couple of years the shipping services in the UK have made it all but impossible for private individuals (even pro-makers) to ship knives outside the mainland.
Thank you for responding! I didn't know that about the UK. That prompted me to research.
I found these messages where shippers in the UK seem to be mailing knives to the USA without issue:

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Cheers @C_Claycomb

@broop as Chris said, I normally only post to UK mainland, and for the reasons stated above.

But if your really interested, I could see how much it would be and go from there?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Best of luck folks.
Thank you for responding! I didn't know that about the UK. That prompted me to research.
I found these messages where shippers in the UK seem to be mailing knives to the USA without issue:

@broop, I think you might be stretching it to say that shippers, plural, are mailing from UK to USA without issue. One guy on Reddit and some folks posting a couple of years before the latest legislation isn't a good guide to the current situation. Also, stretching the accuracy of a customs declaration to the breaking point isn't "without issue" just because they haven't been caught out yet. It isn't so much of a stretch if you are indeed shipping a kitchen knife and you call it a kitchen utensil, although post office staff now are pretty quick if one calls it kitchen cutlery.

The local post offices around here don't miss much...maybe I just don't have the face for calling a bushcraft knife "camping equipment".

1695327023439.png

Bladed items (Bladed Articles and Bladed Products as defined by Offensive Weapons Act 2019)

(Bladed Articles and Bladed Products as defined by Offensive Weapons Act 2019) including, but not limited to, any knife (including a folding pocket knife), any knife blade, cutlery knife, scissors with sharp edges or points, sporting equipment with a blade, tools with a blade, replica and antique knives including those used for re-enactment purposes, handmade and bespoke knives, cut-throat razors, open razors where the blade is exposed, any axe, any sword, and any other article which has a blade. Excludes knives prohibited under UK law - see Weapons. Note: it is the senders’ responsibility to ensure they compliant with the relevant legislation, further guidance at https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/17/contents/enacted

International - Not allowed in the mail
UK - Allowed in the mail, with product restrictions and packaging guidelines
  • These items may only be sent using the Royal Mail Tracked Age Verification service (this service is only available through Royal Mail Click & Drop Opens in new window
  • Package appropriately so items present no risk to employees, other postal items or recipients.
  • Wrap heavy cardboard around sharp edges and points, strong enough to ensure that the contents do not pierce the outer packaging.
  • Wrap each item with cushioning material and place in a suitable outer container such as a padded envelope.
  • The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.
  • Marked to clearly indicate a bladed item is enclosed

Last edited:
Reactions: plastic-ninja

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Right posting reply here so that others will benefit. I had a very frank conversation with a post office worker today, about sending this, and while the interpretation is that this knife is a sporting blade, it also looks tactical. So does not go in its favour.

Now as @C_Claycomb stated posted in UK not to much of an issue, with proof of id and age checks in place. But overseas is not recommended and royal mail will not accept, I would have to use someone else.

Interestingly, warranty returns to larger companies such as benchmade, eese etc, is fine, just needs to be made safe, and declaration of UK duty paid (evidence maybe required upon return) and clearly stated as a warranty return.

@broop sorry if it was something smaller like a folder, it might be more possible, but same rules apply and cannot ship to you unfortunately....I know it is rubbish, but always difficult to get stuff across the ocean.

broop

Sep 20, 2023
United States
Right posting reply here so that others will benefit. I had a very frank conversation with a post office worker today, about sending this, and while the interpretation is that this knife is a sporting blade, it also looks tactical. So does not go in its favour.

Now as @C_Claycomb stated posted in UK not to much of an issue, with proof of id and age checks in place. But overseas is not recommended and royal mail will not accept, I would have to use someone else.

Interestingly, warranty returns to larger companies such as benchmade, eese etc, is fine, just needs to be made safe, and declaration of UK duty paid (evidence maybe required upon return) and clearly stated as a warranty return.

@broop sorry if it was something smaller like a folder, it might be more possible, but same rules apply and cannot ship to you unfortunately....I know it is rubbish, but always difficult to get stuff across the ocean.
Yikes! Okay no problem. I just saw those messages where people were shipping without problem and I didn't research further into things. So anyway thanks claybomb and good luck with the sale!

Reactions: mikehill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE