Muddy_Me

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 19, 2014
Edinburgh
Hey All,
my name is steven, i have just joined, mostly to follow a post for a meet that is happening on a site i volunteer on.

i suffer from mental health issues ADHD and Autism, so it would be most unlikly i would attend a mee outside of Edinburgh at the moment, but as i get to know more people and places i may feel comfortable expanding my comfort zone.

i am a full time volunteer, i volunteer in catering, retail, youth work and gardening, above all i love conservation work. i really dispise metal fences, locum76 will testify to that. i do alot of solo work, so if i ever attend but dont partake please dont take offence,

as for bushcraft id class myself as a newbie, but if i get the hang of something i do try and continue to do it, such as the rope making lesson i had last year, i still keep adding to it.

anyone that has any questions please drop me a pm, i look foward to meeting you all at Youth Vision next weekend.

Steven

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Welcome Steven. Good to meet you.

I've some familiarity with the autistic spectrum, having a wife and daughter both with Asperger's syndrome, and my wife has an interest in autism generally.

You are welcome to do as much or as little as you like, but folk are very friendly on here.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Steven,

Nice wee intro and you'll find there's folk here from all along all sorts of spectrums, and they're all a great friendly bunch who contribute in their own ways. All valued. They've helped me a lot and I've made some good friends.

Hope you have fun here whatever you decide to give/take from it.

ATB,
GB.

gentlemanc

Aug 24, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
Hi Steven,

I would suggest this is an exemplar online community that I hope you find great friendship from, these guys and gals really know their stuff and are genuinely great people who share and care.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Welcome to the forum.

The great thing about this method of communication is that you are in control of it.

If you choose, you can just watch and read the threads without feeling you want to contribute, or you can jump in and get involved.

Either way, you will learn more than you can ever imagine from a genuine, generous bunch of people; I have and I still do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE