MRE's

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I have never tried MRE's. I have always wanted to but they always seem to go for really high prices on the Internet so have not got around to it. Sadly I don't know anyone who can smuggle me out a pack or two from an army base for the price of a few drinks!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have never tried MRE's. I have always wanted to but they always seem to go for really high prices on the Internet so have not got around to it. Sadly I don't know anyone who can smuggle me out a pack or two from an army base for the price of a few drinks!

Is it a US base? If so, they actually sell them in the commissary. About $7 and change each.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Like the UK ones, its handy stuff and fun for the novel stuff in there. One pack has one meal and a good few extras but won't really do a day, but three is bulky and you get too much other stuff. I like the self heat packs, but I found them hit and miss but this was a good few years back.
I too would pick the UK 24hr packs by choice but would love to try some of the other armies out there. Just good fun to try. French are meant to be OK I hear :)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I liked them. At the time I didn't realise it equated to one meal so I thought it was a bit sparse compared to the Brit stuff.

Theres a lot of sugar in them but the extras are very good. The pack of peanut butter would make an excellent addition to the Brit meals as would the spoon that they include. I kept the one I got for use out and about, it's good and sturdy.

I had a big bag of cranberries which was very good.

the main meal was a spicy pasta dish which was good too.

If I had to choose I'd probably stick to the British meals, mainly down to the more compact size.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE