Mr Warburton better worry!

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
on my last weekend expedition i took some flour etc,

and as the rest of our group were doing the usual bannock and stick job,..

but as i always champion the Sweedish army mess kit, i decieded to show off a little,..

the result suprised me to be honest,...but a pic speaks a thousand word so,........

Taa Daaaa!

DSC02793.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
oh i must stress, they are the stainless version,..

just popped the dough ball in, put the lid on (upside down so i could get a brew in the lid too) and shoved it in the embers...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
yes! i am the king of the bread related product when in the field!

bow down to my greatness,...hahaha...

i picked a few berries from a bramble and made version 2.0 with fruit for breakfast,,,,

that one did not stand a chance and did,nt make it to the photo shoot...haha it was eliminated in the first round so to speak

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
yup!,..."forest floor biscuits"* hahah

i know i bang on about the Swedish kit, but for a breakfast it does lend itself perfectly to a "Muffin and brew" in one go,...

*please note, all and any waste was disposed of in accordance with the bushcraft code;)

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Work great - here's one we made at Scout Summer Camp this year. Don't know about them staying fresh - our rarely last long enough to get cold :rolleyes:

breadh.jpg

Don't think Mr Kipling has much to worry about though - this is one Scouts attempt at chocolate cake. :yikes: It actually tasted much better than it looked

cakeh.jpg

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Now that looks good have to ask though where does one find the SS version of the Swedish cook kit are they available anymore? Personally I would love getting one of them over the aluminum variety

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Now these all look pretty good.
Guess what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.
not in the field just my kitchen but bet it'll still taste good lol

yay! make a cup of tea in the garden to go with it!

why is it bread, tea, and come to think of it, anything, tastes better cooked outside over a fire,...

when it snowed last week, i had a melted snow garden brew up nearly every day.,....hahahah daft really ,...but hey

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE