Mozilla Firefox?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Any ideas folks,
I'm trying to reinstall Firefox but I keep getting an information block saying I need to close Firefox, how can I close it when I haven't opened it, I can't see it on my comp, looked everywhere.......bar under the sofa. :confused:

livefast999

Aug 12, 2008
uk
Ive had that before, not when trying to reinstall, but when ive tried to start mozilla.

I found that restarting the laptop was the only way to get it working.

HTH

hermitical

Forager
Feb 28, 2010
Bristol
there's a bug in firefox that sometimes occurs, it means that even though you have closed firefox it is still running..

I'm on linux so it is slightly differrent but iirc you need to do ctrl-alt-delete and look at program manager or something similar, firefox may still appear there even though you think you have closed the program. From there you can end firefox

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
999, I done that first, it always worked in the past but done what H suggested, done the trick, thanks fellas for yer input. ;)

livefast999

Aug 12, 2008
uk
I dont know why I stated the obvious !!

But ive learnt something new, and youve got your problem sorted, so its all good.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Yeah... right click the start bar, choose Task Manager from the context menu which pops up.

In the task manager window choose the Processes tab at the top, click name to organize the list of processes alphabetically and then look for Firefox in the list.

If you find it, right click it and choose End Process from the menu which pops out.

Good advice here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox.exe_always_open if it always happens.

Cheers,

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
6a00d8344ab1b953ef01127914f76528a4-800wi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE