Mozilla firefox help needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey Tech heads,
I'm using Mozilla firefox version 14.0.01 All's going perfectly fine with it, but I want to make a copy of the bookmarks I've acquired over the years to take with me for my other PC's settings. The problem I'm havng is locating the bookmark directory and file list.

Now Internet explorer has these stored in documents and setting by default, but Mozilla doesn't use that method. So can anyone point me in the direction where they could be? I tried programs and looking for it there in a sub-directory, even looking through the hidden files but alas no luck thus far. System32 doesn't appear to contain it either.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Clueless.

Open Your Bookmarks

towards the top (if not at the top) you should see show all bookmarks

This opens a new window, along the top there are some icons there should be one that says "Import and Back up" with a little down arrow on it

Click this and it brings up another menu with 2 options

Back Up - This backs up to a file location of your choice, It is a Firefox file and can be opened by any Computer you want but it must have Firefox.
Export Bookmarks to HTML - This backs up to a file location of your choice, it sends all your bookmarks to a webpage list, which is easy to import to another computer and they can use any Web Browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera Etc...

Here is a link to an article that show you.
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-up-bookmarks-or-move-them-to-another-computer

Hope it helps

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Download X Marks - it syncs all your bookmarks as cloud based storage so you can access them no matter what computer you use.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Doesn't exporting booksmarks solve your problem? Ctrl + Shift + b , then import & backup?

You Darlin'!!

That certainly did sort it for me. Many thanks for the other words of advice. I've saved all the details of each top tip, but opted for the first reply I had here and it worked a treat. Many thanks it's saved to my USB chip now to be copied over to my other PC later.

I knew the "BCUK HiveMind" would deliver a result my sausage-fingered PC skils could figure out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE