Movie, recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Dark Places with Charlize Theron... I'm a little biased as although its a great film, it stars Charlize Theron.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
The Big Lebowski is on Channel 4 Film right now... only saying because its one of the best comedies ever made... already up to the Jesus scene, but still the best to come.

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
'The Railway Man' (2013) with Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman Based on his best-selling memoir, The film tells the extraordinary and epic true story of Eric Lomax, a British Army officer who is tormented as a prisoner of war at a Japanese labour camp during World War II. Decades later, Lomax discovers that the Japanese interpreter he holds responsible for much of his treatment is still alive and sets out to confront him and his haunting past. excellent film!

'The Revenant' (2015) with Leonardo DiCaprio In an expedition of the uncharted American wilderness, legendary explorer Hugh Glass is brutally attacked by a bear and left for dead by members of his own hunting team. In a quest to survive, Glass endures unimaginable grief as well as the betrayal of his confidant John Fitzgerald. Guided by sheer will and the love of his family, Glass must navigate a vicious winter in a relentless pursuit to live and find redemption.

Last edited:

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
'Hell in the Pacific' (1968) War story about a Marine pilot (Lee Marvin) and a Japanese naval officer (Toshiro Mifune) stranded together on a Pacific island in 1944. Filmed on location on Koror, Micronesia. pretty good film the only two actors in the entire film, It looks at the importance of human contact and the bond which can form even between enemies if lacking other contact. worth watching!

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Last night I watched The Lobster. It appealed to my twisted sense of humour.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Not my usual fair, but was shot in New Zealand, so has some lovely scenery.

Trailer

[video=youtube;n8Xvsjy57X0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Xvsjy57X0[/video]

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
As Brad Pitt is now in the news for the wrong reasons, I recommend:
A River Runs Through ait
and
Legends Of The Fall

The first one features Tom Skeritt and the other one Anthony Hopkins, two superb actors, vastly superior to Brad but they lift his acting.

Super movies for being made in Hollywood

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
As Brad Pitt is now in the news for the wrong reasons, I recommend:
A River Runs Through ait
and
Legends Of The Fall

The first one features Tom Skeritt and the other one Anthony Hopkins, two superb actors, vastly superior to Brad but they lift his acting.

Super movies for being made in Hollywood

Tom Skerrit is definitely under-rated.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The Rabbit-Proof Fence (Australia). Three Aboriginal girls are taken from their families to be trained as domestic servants.
They escape and travel on foot 1,500 miles to get home.

northumbriman

Jul 15, 2010
Prudhoe
The Survivalist. Its a low budget movie centering on a post apocalyptic Ireland. Fairly bleak but I fear accurate take on the way society would become fractured and desperate with groups banding together and individuals either trying to scratch an existence alone or preying on others.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The Survivalist. Its a low budget movie centering on a post apocalyptic Ireland. Fairly bleak but I fear accurate take on the way society would become fractured and desperate with groups banding together and individuals either trying to scratch an existence alone or preying on others.

Yeh, that was pretty good actually. Better on second viewing. The ending though......oh jemima! I hope they bopped him on the head first eh? :(

[Read this morning that Putin had a drill this week, where 40 million russians went into the underground bunkers? ***?! Why dont our civilian population have underground bunkers!]

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire

[Read this morning that Putin had a drill this week, where 40 million russians went into the underground bunkers? ***?! Why dont our civilian population have underground bunkers!]
40 million???? That's not a bunker that's a small country.
Misinformation and info wars I think...
A load of baloney as they say in New York....😁

That movie sounds good though, will check it out...
👍

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
:offtopic:
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=putin+40+million

Bit scary :confused:

Should throw all these politicians in a pit together with a few axes, whilst the normal people have a beer.
I was not implying that you were lying Dave, I heard it too...

Im a cynical old fart , long in the tooth, and Ive stopped believing these type of news years ago ...
Around the George Bush era...
( ie: WMD's aimed at us and ready to deploy and within 40 minutes we'd be toast according to most of the news at the time...😒)
As ALL news come from about 3 or 4 sources ( Reuters, AP , etc...) and then fed to us , the sheeple through the hundreds of thousands of news channels worldwide...

This is yet another attempt to stir up the wasps nest...
And probably another diversion to keep us in fear .
Fear mongering and disinformation in my opinion.
But that's just my opinion.
Sorry to go off topic and if my opinion upsets anyone.
Kind regards

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Oh , and I like your pit fight for politicians idea too...

Especially with a couple of beers , it'd be just like in Roman times...

😎

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE