Mountain warehouse

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I got a couple of quick drying tshirts from them before a holiday last year, they have bobbled like mad, far more than any other item of clothing I've ever owned. But they are comfy and they do live up to their quick drying claim.

J

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Just bought a three in one for my little daughter, it's one of the few places that sells kids clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I bought some Merino wool socks from them for my daughters. I got them from their ebay shop. They were good quality and reasonably priced. A friend of mine buys a lot of their gear and I have not heard him complain about anything he has bought from them.

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
I bought a pair of these boots last year, http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/fo...ens/rapid-waterproof-boot-p6306.aspx?cl=BLACK

Ive worn slippers with a thicker sole. I could feel every single little pebble and sharp stone through them, needless to say i threw them out after not too many walks.
The reviews on the site all seem to say they are great 5 stars etc. So maybe i just got a bum pair, who knows.

But personal opinion, stay away from the foot wear unless you like the feeling of bare foot hiking.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I bought a pair of these boots last year, http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/fo...ens/rapid-waterproof-boot-p6306.aspx?cl=BLACK

Ive worn slippers with a thicker sole. I could feel every single little pebble and sharp stone through them, needless to say i threw them out after not too many walks.
The reviews on the site all seem to say they are great 5 stars etc. So maybe i just got a bum pair, who knows.

But personal opinion, stay away from the foot wear unless you like the feeling of bare foot hiking.

They had what appeared to be the longest closing down sale ever in Coventry recently. There base layers, shirts, and T shirts are Ok, but I had a pair of cheap boots, and the soles were coming away after a few months, so steer clear of the boots.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
My son is notoriously hard on clothes, in fact both my kids are. I bought them £20 waterproofs last year which they have worn in all sorts of foul weather, been scrambling, caving, camping, playing football (in goal at school apparently) and have climbed dozens of trees in them.

I'm impressed to say they have done well. Not sure I could buy one for me, but I might.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Being on a budget I get a fair bit from them, especially in the sales. Their outdoor trousers are not bad at all. Agree with a previous post about their footwear not being up to much.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
They had what appeared to be the longest closing down sale ever in Coventry recently

They are always having a sale, which should ring alarm bells. Although I might buy waterproofs for my kids there, and my wife got a very cheap fleece there, apart from an occasional bargain, overall its tat. I remember when it was just one shop in Covent Garden, selling remaindered stuff from European manufacturers. Actually there was some good stuff to be had, but obviously that supply dried up and they expanded by buying in stuff and putting their name on it.

If you look at how much their equipment costs, compared with brands stocked in the likes of Cotswold (and they are not always the cheapest), they dont always come off well, and the descriptions are often a little basic. They have a Tor 65 'Expedition' Rucksack http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/travel/backpacks/large-backpacks/tor-65l-p6694.aspx?cl=BLUE . For £79.99 it has a an Airmesh back, is made from 100% Polyester, and has 'lots of pockets'. I'm not sure what the 'adjustable straps' actually do. And there is no indication as to whether its for women or men (women have narrower shoulders, so tend to need a narrower back system), or the weight.

On the other hand, Cotswold are knocking out the Berghaus Torridon 60 (W)/65(M) for £85 (and you'll get discount off your first purchase if you get one of their free cards). Decent build from a good make, comes in a ND back system (and decent adjustable back system at that), weighs 1.73kg (not bad) and made from a decent fabric. If my daughter needed a pack for D of E, etc, then thats what I'd want her to get. GearZone are knocking out a similar bag from Berghaus for £76. If she wanted something a little more basic, Vango do one for about £70, although a bit heavier. A look around the web would get you a similar Lowe Alpine bag for not much more than the Berghaus, and I found a Macpac for less than £90 http://www.wildtrak.com/product.asp?ID=4140

I always use drybags as a good test of a shop. Exped are standard, so you can tell if they are over-charging, but if they have their own brand, its still good, because drybags are pretty much all the same. MW have a 10-15L (?) one for £8.99. Cotswold are charging £10.95 for Exped (you can get them cheaper, and they are Exped), but Sports Direct (which MW resemble in so many ways..) is knocking out their Karrimor ones for £4.99 for 15L. Personally, I buy the Airlok XT's from Alpkit - awesome quality for the money (13L for £8.50), and even their standard ones are great.

Overall, you can do better for the money by looking elsewhere. Alpkit, Lidl, Aldi, Go Outdoors, etc all have decent kit if your looking, and at better prices. Its not just me who thinks that way - search for 'Mountain Warehouse' on Outdoor Magic - people score it below Millets!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE