For Sale Mountain Search And Rescue Ventile orange anorak. Large

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com
Mountain Search And Risque Ventile orange anorak.
Orange hooded ventile anorak. Metal zip on the hood, string tied to end of zip. Drawstring hood. Drawstring waist, plastic toggles on ends.
Velcro chest pocket and two button tie pockets below.
Same as on The Scottish Mountain Heritage Collection.
Good condition, no tears or damages, some light discolouration on wear area. Size real Large. Perhaps collectable anorak, but you can sure wear this without a problem.
£200
20180928_180227.jpg
20180928_180323.jpg
20180928_180421.jpg
20180928_180438.jpg
20180928_180533.jpg

176002-1.jpg

1014001.jpg

175001-1.jpg

Best regards, Gleb.

Reactions: Twodogs

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Mountain Search And Risque Ventile orange anorak.

I think your auto correct has a screw loose. :D A risque Ventile anorak might be interesting, but perhaps not suitable to this forum :naughty: Title updated.

Someone is sure to ask, does the price cover postage?

Best of luck. It is quite a unique item.

Chris

Reactions: Nomad64

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com
Hello thank for help.
I just trying to make some funds for the new project. Normally I am not "seller". Orange can be very helpful for some bushcrafter in hunting season, most animals do not notice orange. I have collected vintage mountain gear and have other smock, anoraks in green. Price without shipping because I do not know buyer location. I do not need extra for the post, just so much is a cost.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Is this definitely Ventile? We have a lot of these smocks in our collection and most are just tight weave cotton.

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com
Ventile, is the UK registered trademark (original the legendary tight weave cotton “Egyptian cotton” used for tents) today made only in Switzerland by Stotz & Co AG.
From what I have read, early mountain anorak and orange SAR RAF version of this anorak made by Blacks of Greenock made in Ventile. I do not know if later green cadet anorak made from Ventile. I have early anorak in green with Black`s label, this orange and later version. Later anorak version with white "cadet smock" label, the material looks a little bit different. Early and orange with black`s label softer. I can not provide more expertise information, but I think MoD SAR RAF gear was made in Ventile.
5984653213_d1b2b4477c_b.jpg

5985216598_fffd6b9ce2_b.jpg

blacks%20anorak001.jpg

By interest, I can sale early Black`s mountain anorak as used by 1963 US Everest expedition.

Reactions: oldtimer

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Interesting. From the adverts it suggests that some were and some weren’t Ventile. I used to own a Cadet Smock and think they were all Cotton duck. I’ve seen quite a few different versions including the orange MRT / SAR version. Good luck with the sale.

pinewood

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2012
cornwall
i believe ventile anoraks by blacks of greenock were grey.the orange being poplin;however these coloures pertained to general public sales.perhaps however the mountain rescue garment was different, and ventile and in orange.

Oct 6, 2016
London
Is this definitely Ventile? We have a lot of these smocks in our collection and most are just tight weave cotton.
Blacks made two versions the cotton version being slightly cheaper than the ventile versions which I have seen and had both versions in varies colours.
Being orange is indeed a nicer change to green.
I would be interested in the jacket if the price dropped so I could add this to my growing collection.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't know about this particular jacket, but Himself had an orange ventile jacket that he used for many years hillwalking in Scotland. Ventile's very good, but over time it chafes and wears through where it rubs along places like cuffs, where the cords run, etc.,
His finally died a death and I cut it up and re-used the bits to make a much smaller one for one of our youngsters. It wasn't an ideal jacket for a child, and in the end it went into the bin.
However, it was a Black's of Greenock orange ventile jacket, not dayglo orange, sort of mellow orange coloured, so they were made, and from ventile, and they faded too. Across the top of the hood, the shoulders and the forearms and front pocket areas, iirc.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE