Mountain Rescue needs your help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shingsowa

Forager
Sep 27, 2007
Ruthin, North Wales
Hi Guys!

NEWSAR is the Mountain Rescue team that covers North East Wales - so that's pretty much all of Clwyd Limestone, the Berwyns, Denbigh Moors, good portions of the A55 crags and quarries, and other outdoor activity locations such as Llandegla, the River Dee and many more. We have rescued missing and injured persons from forests, moorland, fields and remote locations during times of poor weather.

We need your help. Nat West has a scheme where people can vote for three community projects, charities and causes to get £6,000. They are divided by region, but you can still vote if you don't live in that area.

This is a plea for people to vote for North East Wales Search and Rescue (NEWSAR). It's very easy to do, you can opt out of any marketing or further emails and that £6,000 could be vital for the team.
We have equipment to buy, replace and maintain, three vehicles to keep on the road as well as the usual running costs for an organisation of 40+ people providing a professional volunteer service on a shoestring budget.

How to vote (it really is easy!)

Register here:

https://communityforce.natwest.com/user/register/

Then wait a for a confirmation email. Click on the link in the email confirming your registration.

Then just click on this link:

http://communityforce.natwest.com/project/1110

Click the box accepting the terms and conditions and then finally, right underneath click the red "vote for us" button.

Thanks again!

Richard Prideaux
Deputy Team Leader
NEWSAR

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Will do. For my sins I've been made the fundraising officer for the team. So I'm looking for ideas. Anything is better than hanging around outside Tescos with a bucket!

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Voted! Nigel the Cairngorm Team do a sponsored walk through the Cairngorms. The MRT act as safety and folk get sponsored etc. Maybe something similar in the Breacons?

Shingsowa

Forager
Sep 27, 2007
Ruthin, North Wales
Hi All,

I just want to say a huge 'Thank You!' to all who voted for NEWSAR and Aberglaslyn MRTs in the NatWest Community Force project. The 'official' results aren't out yet but at 5 minutes to end of voting we were about 200+ votes ahead of the second place.

So thank you to all who voted, and to BushcraftUK for allowing this post to remain. I hope never to meet you when i'm wearing team kit and a rucksack, but I'd love to see you on a moot or in the hills and woods soon.

Richard
Deputy Team Leader
NEWSAR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE