Help send a North East lad to the Arctic!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
OK people - I need your help! I'm NOT asking for sponsorship! I'm simply asking for your VOTE!

Fjällräven Polar is a 300 kilometer long winter adventure that takes place each year and runs for four days. Participants steer a dog-sledd through coastal climate, over mountains and frozen tundra in subarctic wilderness, through low-lying mountain terrain and on to virgin forest.

Please follow this link and VOTE for ME to take part in next years adventure. Voting is open from now until 10th December so please vote.

Spread the word - share with your family and friends. Simply visit the site below to register your vote. It only takes 2 seconds. I need as many votes as possible.

PLEASE VOTE!

http://www.fjallravenpolar.com/polar-2014/show-all-contributions/?uid=99700

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Good luck mate. I was going to vote but facebook gives access to all my info across to fjallraven and im not keen on that. is there a way to vote without the data mining?

Hiya, I'm afraid not :( When I first started my application I got the impression people didn't need Facebook to vote...just to apply. However, it appears that you can only vote if you have a Facebook profile. The 'access' issue is so that Fjallraven can prevent cheating by allowing their systems to identify a vote comes from a 'real' person and not a computer programme!

I can imagine and understand why it has put some people off voting. Thanks for the thought though :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Mate, please don't take this the wrong way, but from my limited experience of forums, it's a community and BR'S question is very valid, never mind all tha Facebook sharing info stuff, which i don't understand, there are probably other members on here that are more deserving of a vote than your good self.

Now i am one of the cheekiest members on here, but don't think i would have asked your question, having been on since May and only posted 11 times, but best of british with your endeavour, and hats off for trying.

Ivan...

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
You've got my vote , no I don't know you and I understand br's question to a point but see bcuk as a family and I have had acts of kindness from strangers on here before and intend to repay them as often as possible

As my gran says if you don't ask you don't get .ask away I reckon

Good luck my boy

Thanks for your vote’s guys, it really is appreciated.

To answer a few questions; I'm not saying I'm any more deserving than other applicants and best of British to anyone else applying. All I can say is that I've dreamt about this sort of experience for as long as I can remember. I have a fiancé and three daughters at home aged 2, 4 & 6 of whom I obviously love to the ends of the earth. But family life is not cheap and I'm useless at saving! These sorts of adventures are normally only open to those that can buy their way in or have the right contacts. There are also many applicants who have already had the opportunity to experience these sorts of adventures of which I have not. 2010 was the year I turned 30 and I finally managed to go on a plane for the first time and took myself off to Switzerland on my own for a week staying in Youth Hostels. I loved it! I loved being in the mountains, in the cold, in the snow! Last year I did my first ever winter expedition in snow in the Lakes and realised what I'd been missing all these years. I made it my mission to go back again this year when the snow hits and learn some proper winter skills. Well you couldn't get much more wintery than the Arctic. Fjällräven's ambition is to offer these experiences to people who can't necessarily afford these types of adventures. They like to show that people with a lack of experience and outdoor skills can do this sort of expedition if they have the right kit and training. That's why I'm applying. I don't have the skills or experience that some of the other applicants have but what I do have is the dream....and everyone is allowed to dream.

Yes, I have been cheeky....very cheeky posting this plea on here. All I can say is "shy bairn's getting out"! You get nothing in life if you don't ask. Read any of the books about Ed Stafford’s 2 year expedition across the Amazon or Bear Grylls’ early days on Everest for example and you'll know that to get any sort of backing, sponsorship...or votes...you have to be confident and brazen about it and just ask. The first time any 'explorer' approaches a company for sponsorship they are normally laughed out of the office! Fjällräven's approach is to use social media to get as many votes as possible...so here I am...using any form of social media I can to better my chances. If there's any one else on here more deserving then so be it...get your plea on and let the best man...or girl win. I say best of luck to all.

And yes I may have only had 11 posts but I am a man of few words (normally). I read the forum most days during my lunch; I am still only learning at bushcraft and find I have nothing yet to share with other users that they don’t already know. The threads I have posted are normally me asking for help or guidance. I've yet to get to a meet but practice whenever I can - but family priorities come first so I don't get out as much as I'd like!

So please, if you are happy to vote for me then excellent and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you don't then that is also fine...but if I don't ask...:/

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Good on you for asking it doesn't matter what your post count is mines low and I've been on a few years but like you read it all the time.correct me if I'm wrong but no one else has posted asking for the vote so good luck to you. were a community site and we should help out whether you've been on here 2 weeks or 6years.
you can have my vote aslong as we get a good write up and pics :)

Good on you for asking it doesn't matter what your post count is mines low and I've been on a few years but like you read it all the time.correct me if I'm wrong but no one else has posted asking for the vote so good luck to you. were a community site and we should help out whether you've been on here 2 weeks or 6years.
you can have my vote aslong as we get a good write up and pics :)

Cheers bud! Quite agree thank you :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE