mountain bike parts wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Bit of a long shot this ! I am looking for a set of Magura rim brakes and a set of shimano thumb shifters (good ones from the early '90's not cheap crap) Also would be interested in buying a small ish framed steel mountain bike from the '90's (no crap thoe!)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Fancy a carrera instinct?It's a handbuilt frame with I think a shimano groupset.It's been sat in my garden for a while and needs the brakes putting back on and new cables throughout.I'll nip out and see what groupset it is and get back to you.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I've had a look Rob it's got a deore front mech ,a tourney rear mech and shimano underbar thumbshifters the wheels are alloy rims and hubs,it has sealed bottom bracket and the brakes are SLR levers with cheap generic v brakes because I put the shimano brakes onto the wifes bike.The frame is in very good condition for its age.If you want it you'll have to collect it I'm afraid.You can have it for free as it's just taking up space.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Cheers mate, I dont really want the whole bike but I will take it away for you no probs (I have two bike projects going at the moment, I am building a retro nice bike for myself and getting my mate a bike just to get out and about), I will be going to Llansamlet at some point this week I can pick it up then if thats ok with you.

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
lol i sold a pair of these magura hydraulic brakes up the boot fair a few months ago they was the bright yellow ones i let them go for £10.
also sold a set of the oldschool mazzochi bomber z1s

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
When Shimano stopped making the XT thumbshifters I bought up as many pairs as I could find. Traded off the last pair this past summer. The only new quality alternative I'm aware of is to get a set of Shimano bar end shifters and install them on a set of Paul Components thumb shifter mounts. Silly expensive though.

Magura rim brakes, are you into trials? :) This is most likely a long shot here, but if you have to have and can not find local, these guys stock it all,
http://www.bti-usa.com/public/index
They are wholesale only so you'll have to order through your local shop but they do ship international. These guys are friends of mine so yes, I am affiliated but have no commercial ties.
Good luck, and Happy Cycling (BOC;))
Bravo4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE