Mouldy taint = fowsty

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Foosty up here, and yeah, Milton fluid, or I'm told that sterident tablets work very well indeed too :dunno:

cheers,
Toddy

Yup.

Trick is to not put milk or sugar in the flask, coffee or tea won't go foosty unless you've left dregs in the flask, and even then, for a considerable time. Milk's the real villain though, can't clean a flask properly so best to keep fats well clear.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
On the few occasions I use a flask I only ever put in boiling water (unless it's soup in the food flask). Tea and coffee are terrible for leaving a taint on flasks. Also with boiling water you can use it for tea, coffee, noodles, stockcube drinks - whatever takes your fancy at the time. But as said if you can soak the stopper in milton it should help.

Pretty much exactly that^. With just hot water in there I have a lot more choice.

I only put boiling water in my drinks flask, sometimes use a soup/stew flask which contains soup or stew.

Can't be done with flasks that always have that tea taint.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't drink milk, and HWMBLT doesn't drink tea. So my flask is only used for tea with a little sugar in it, or hot water, but his is only used for coffee.
Just don't get them mixed up :)

Did the bicarbonate soak get rid of the foostiness ?

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE