Mothers Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonny the monkey

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2014
Lincolnshire
I recently saw a video showing how to weave a simple basket for foraging and put the idea to one side as something I would like to do. A week later whilst round a friends house I noticed a basket in his kitchen and after enquiring about it he told me a mutual friend of ours had made it. I was in awe, I havn't seen this guy for a few years but after finding out he's in the country I'm definitely keen to spend an afternoon with him over a brew and a bit of weaving!

Anyway, this morning I woke up with the option of spending a day on a project and thought what nicer way to spend an afternoon that heading down to the river and putting the willow to use that I'd spied not too long ago. After doing a little bit of research it turns out its not the best time of year to be using willow and it seems to be better if you dry it first. Not to be dissuaded and remembering its mothers day this weekend I set off to the arboretum where I knew the council had been doing some pruning of the bushes.

Found myself a couple of withies and set to work on something... I didn't know what, I just started with a loose round shape around my hand. After adding in a few more stems I was beginning to see either a table decoration base that would look nice with a flower head inside or a dreamcatcher. I'd taken some hemp twine with me and had a vague idea of how to make a dreamcatcher so set to work. A couple of sticks, a feather, daisy and some small sprigs of lavender later I've got myself a fully passable gift that didn't cost me a penny. Coupled with a poem and I reckon I'm onto a winner :cool:

I was wondering if you guys have got anything lined up to give me some more ideas for projects that I can gift away :)

jonny the monkey

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2014
Lincolnshire
Haha I ended buying lunch yesterday so any idea of hoarding my cash went out the window :)

She's taken it with her and my camera is at my folks so I'll snap a pic the next time I'm round

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE