Mother natures ready-mades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
A simple bubble float can be made from Knotted Wrack usually found on the middle shore. Once cut and collected leave to dry and simply shape top and tail, bore holes through for line. The ones below are the size of small chicken eggs.

bubblefloat.jpg

Reactions: maverix

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Bl**dy hell Patrick,
Is there no end to your talent.
Mods and Admin - shouldn't special dispensation be given to Pat's forum rank - to see him as a "Tenderfoot" is laughable!

Ogri the trog

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
PatrickM, thats great,
I can show my 6 year old son this as we were talking about seaweed and why/how it floats while at the beach a couple of months ago.

Brian

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
that's fantastic.

Out of interest, are there any fish that go looking around Knotted Wrack for stuff to eat?

I'm thinking a long line of knotted wrack with baited lines hanging of the nodules floated out on the water......

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
PatrickM said:
Orgi, when I get to the end of my life I'll still be a tenderfoot in Bushcraft :(

Modest as always eh. Nicely put though

Great little tip that. I'm not at all experianced with shorelines or bushcrafting on them so its great to see this stuff. :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE