Moskoselkatan Katas’s

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
I know a number of you have the Moskoselkatan Katas’s and I’m rather keen on getting one myself. My preference is the Tapp Varrie canvas 7 man or maybe an Arran canvas 7 man. It would not be used for backpacking, only for areas accessible by car and would be housing 2 adults and 2 children. Basically, is the Varrie worth the extra money and is it better to go for a 5 of 7 man – any comment greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ranger

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
if your going to be camping out of a car go for the biggest and bestist one you can afford mate!!

and any excuse heres mine:
Pict0006.jpg

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Good advice. Go for the largest that you can - especially if weight is not a problem.

Our 5 Light is great for 2 adults and too much kit for courses, shoots, fishing etc, but is a comfortable size for a decent stay somewhere. 2 kids would be ok, but they have a habit of growing - so I would odds for a 7. Also, if you are tall, a 7 gives you a bit more height (I am 6'2" and can happily stand up in the middle of a 5). Try and get hold of one to look at.

As for the varrie/canvass options, I would opt for the varrie - especially if you plan to have fire in there or camp out near the moskitos.

But - Moskoselkatan keep bringing out upgrade kits, and the basic designs seem to get uprated each year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE