Moskoselkatan Arran 5

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I have been thinking of getting one of these, but big money. Does anyone have one and what are they like for the money?
I am getting too cripped (knee joints looking pretty shot according to Orthopod) to crawl into mountain tents and would like to sit in a tent during the winter.
If not the Arran 5, then any other ideas apart from a caravan or old folks home and coach tours to the country?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i got an arran 5 lite.. it is pretty big money. but worth it IMHO(hence i buy one) never mind sit in.. you can stand up and put your trousers on :wink:

they are great.. cant sing their praises highly enough, love it nuff said!

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
How About a Golite Hex?

SH6106.jpg

Also available in green!

cheers

john

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Mel and I use an Arran 5 light. Light enough to carry with no worries, fast to put up, and tall enough for me to stand up and get dressed in the morning.

Only really had one condensation problem, but it did rain for 3 days so we couldn't really increase the ventillation - and we were wet whenever we went in.

Good space for long stays/lots of kit. 2 people with loads of kit = loads of room. 4 people and some kit = ok. 5 people = must be friendly.

J

JeremyH

We use both Golite and Moskoselkatan for our courses and workshops. The Golite is a single pole bivvi - great as bivvi's go. The Kota is SUPERB. Get the biggest one you can afford. We are just about to head off travelling in Northern Europe with our Tapp 7 ands Wood stove for seven weeks - fits a family of five easily.

Yiu can get them from Bison Bushcraft or ourselves.
Good luck - don't forget - the quality remains long after the price is forgotten.

JeremyH

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I've got the Arran 7cp and it really is the dogs dodads. Like Jeremy says get the biggest you can and if using it with a car buy the cp and not the light as it suffers less from condensation. Its the atmosphere in them when you get a fire going in there (which is thick if there is no wind outside :shock: ) that makes them great. Easy to put up and take down, I do it solo with no problems at all. Here's a pic.
120Arran_7-med.JPG

HAM

Sep 6, 2004
Aberdeen
I have quite a few tents of different designs, but my Arran 7 is the only one I would call an all-rounder. I agree with others that it is worth buying the biggest you can afford. However I would set some dough aside to buy the suitably sized firebox as well - thats when these tents come into their own. Even the Arran 7 packs small enough to solo with, and if you're in forest you can take a calculated gamble and leave the pole at home. Either a rope over a branch or a line between two trees and a rope over the line is enough to pitch the tent (assuming you can get the rope high enough ! !)

Incidentally, the Arran 7 is perfect for family camping - double air matress for me and the missus, camp bed for the older one and travel cot for the ankle biter - job done!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
HAM said:
I have quite a few tents of different designs, but my Arran 7 is the only one I would call an all-rounder. I agree with others that it is worth buying the biggest you can afford. However I would set some dough aside to buy the suitably sized firebox as well - thats when these tents come into their own. Even the Arran 7 packs small enough to solo with, and if you're in forest you can take a calculated gamble and leave the pole at home. Either a rope over a branch or a line between two trees and a rope over the line is enough to pitch the tent (assuming you can get the rope high enough ! !)

another good point.. also you can find a straight wooden pole to use!

there are very few tents that you can leave the poles and pegs at home!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE