Mosi net help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
Went out for a cracking two nighter this weekend. It was perfect In every way until Saturday night when the wind dropped completely. At first it was welcome. After about five minutes we realised that the breeze had been keeping the midges at bay!!
So, I have two DD Camping hammocks that are In great working order so I don't want to buy a frontline, where can I get mosi netting from? I'm after olive or black and probably need it 'on the reel' as i guess noone makes hammock shaped mosi nets.
Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers, a still scratching Gabe!!!!!

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
Well Im amazed ! this sort of thing isnt made for those with existing Hammock owners ,there is a thread somwhere on here with one made from an old tent IIRC

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I have the same issue actually. I was thinking about buying an ex british army mossi net (the old style ones with the 4 short wooden poles for use on a cot bed), but i'm not sure if the mesh is fine enough for midges... Can anyone shed some light on this?

If it is fine mesh, then this could be a nice cheap option for doctoring (and in olive too).

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I have the same issue actually. I was thinking about buying an ex british army mossi net (the old style ones with the 4 short wooden poles for use on a cot bed), but i'm not sure if the mesh is fine enough for midges... Can anyone shed some light on this?

If it is fine mesh, then this could be a nice cheap option for doctoring (and in olive too).

I've got one but it's not fine enough for the midge,mind you I'm not sure if it's British come to think of it.
Had to get a proper fine one anyway.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE