Moron to live on Rockall

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Another idiot in the long list of bufoons who make things difficult for themselves, without realising they're taking the path of some sort of religious pennance. My Hero !

m.guardiannews.com/uk/2013/may/06/rockall-adventurer-nick-hancock-live-alone

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Another idiot in the long list of bufoons who make things difficult for themselves, without realising they're taking the path of some sort of religious pennance. My Hero !

m.guardiannews.com/uk/2013/may/06/rockall-adventurer-nick-hancock-live-alone

Given the man is doing it for charity, why not? He gets much better publicity than he would sitting in an armchair.

For me Help for Heroes is a very important charity - so I think I'll salute the guy rather than insult him.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its important to keep Rockhall in the public eye, there are so many countries want it.

It has a lot of fishing/oil grounds with it, after all.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yeah, no probs. Here, hold my beer.

Good luck to him. If he wasn't doing this for a worthy charity cause then I'd question his mental health. At least he not planning on doing it while sitting in a bath full of baked beans. Those people are just too much like whacky attention seekers.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
If you you dislike attention seekers then er ignore them.

Hope the adventure goes well for him and he enjoys it.

Elen Sentier

Given the man is doing it for charity, why not? He gets much better publicity than he would sitting in an armchair.

For me Help for Heroes is a very important charity - so I think I'll salute the guy rather than insult him.

I agree about Help for Heroes. I'm just re-reading Dick Proennke (One Man's Wilderness) and wondering why these folks call it "endurance" (OK, for the charity purposes). Sam Keith quotes a poem at the beginning which absolutely says it all for me - from Rhymes for a Rolling Stone (Robert W Service). And, of course, Proennke has massive skills and knows what he's doing before he goes. If I had the skills I'd be out there like a shot!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE