More titanium

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
So a burner that spreads the heat around the base of a pan rather than in a ring like your average gas or petrol stove would be a good idea if you use ti for more than boiling water?

Cheers for all this info folks. I had been toying with getting the 4 litre pot

http://www.evernewamerica.com/ECA428.htm

(as part of one of my overly elaborate swaps with a chap in the US, not for your actual money)

But think I will go for the aluminium ECA186 insted

http://www.evernewamerica.com/ECA186.htm

if I hear back from them that the ti pans I already have will nest inside it.

It's not as if I'd be carrying something that big very far!

ATB

Tom

That was quick, about 10 minutes after I sent my enquirey i had a polite message saying the pans did fit but I may want to use a towel to stop them rattling! Now thats service! I do like that bright orange.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
So a burner that spreads the heat around the base of a pan rather than in a ring like your average gas or petrol stove would be a good idea if you use ti for more than boiling water?

Cheers for all this info folks. I had been toying with getting the 4 litre pot

http://www.evernewamerica.com/ECA428.htm

(as part of one of my overly elaborate swaps with a chap in the US, not for your actual money)

But think I will go for the aluminium ECA186 insted

http://www.evernewamerica.com/ECA186.htm

if I hear back from them that the ti pans I already have will nest inside it.

It's not as if I'd be carrying something that big very far!

ATB

Tom

That was quick, about 10 minutes after I sent my enquirey i had a polite message saying the pans did fit but I may want to use a towel to stop them rattling! Now thats service! I do like that bright orange.

Tom the wider base means less heat loss up the side of a pan so its more effishienct. I like the orange pans:) I've got some red ones
TRANGIA27.jpg

I have a stacking set up Aluminium pans made by Hi Gear, three pots but they don't look as well made as the Evernew ones.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah, I've been realy impressed by the quality of the Evernew stuff I've had so far, better than MSR or Snowpeak

The frying pans make absolutely great light weight bowls / deep plates (for those occasions when eating out of the same pot means you get half of what the gannets with you stuff down themselves with their highly tuned racing spoons...), Dear of course but if someone else is paying... ;-{D)

http://www.evernewamerica.com/ECA441.htm

They did do one (which I've got) which has no handle and fits neatly inside another.

They aint bad for frying either if you are prepared to keep the sos' , spam or what ever moving around the base.
I'm still waiting for someone to make a double walled pint ti mug with a proper insulated stein lid

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
The positive point about Ti is its strength, it allows thinner walled pots so less metal to get the heat through. Personally I have a very light Al pot from AGG that is lighter than my Ti pot with the same capacity. It is a wide shallow pot compared to my tall thin Ti pot. The wide shallow pot works better with my wide jetting whitebox stove. However with my primus old style micron with pz either set-up works.

As far as minimizing hotspots the old style primus micron (like the current Ti miicron but not in Ti) has wire gauze centre section surrounded by gas jets. The gauze glows red and seems to eliminate the hot spot and spreads the flame about. Apart from the micron having this I believe the express (like my old style micron) has it as does the express spider remote can stove. These stoves are actually very efficient in their gas use even if not the fastest boiling or the highest output.

From experience I would rather use my Al pot than my Ti pot not for efficiency but for compatibility with my meths stove and its wide jets.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Nope, I don't think anyone stocks Evernew in the UK, a mate in the US gets it for me. With the lower costs for out doors kit over there and the fact I tend to be buying light weight kit the postage doesn't seam to effect the overallprice. Usually I'm able to swap some obscure bit of surplus for what i am after so we both get a good deal out of it.

It's a shame 'cos its really well made and thought out stuff. All my Ti stuff so far has been wide based, admitedly mainly so I could store wide stff inside it like my folded Clikstand, but partly as I'm always worried those tall thin pots will blow over. Yeah unlikely I know but there you go!

Will have a look at those gas stoves with gauzes, may upgrade the pocket rocket before the end of the month and I become a house husband again.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Herself has ordered me one directly from antigravitygear, oh well she's been mildly reamed for priority airmail or some such but it's her money so I shouldn't comment.

Actually it's just her being nice and wanting me to get it in time for me becoming a full time house husband in a couple of weeks when my cushy goverment job ends. I'll have loads more time for outdoorsey stuff and making so I don't actrually need cheering up but what the hell ;-D)

I woukdn't be suprised if we get it before the stuff we ordered from a Uk firm arrives. We had to chase them up to get a confirmation they had got the order and then they told us that they have to order each bit from Primus so it would be 10 days at least before we got it. Jeeze, remember when shops actually held stock and they sent it out as soon as they were paid?

Whine, whine, whine.. ;-[D)

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I think they tried to deliver it yesterday and I was right, it has been delayed by it being inspected and so they can hit me with input duty et al. I just knew it! Next time I'll make sure anything over the threshold is sent to a mate over there and repackaged, marked as a gift with a suitably low value on the CN22. Bum!

Herself is picking itup /paying the charges on the way to a course so I won't see it until the evening... sniff

The Eta pot did arrive, outer packaging intact, carefully packed but the pot was crushed on the wiggly bit on the base and part of the lid/rim. The firm who sold it me has said that Primus are aware of a problem and they will be sending one direct to me by registered post hopefully to arrive today. This is before I've even had chance to post the old one back! We shall se what happens....

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Stove arrived, please see the Reviews and testing area.

Also today the replacement Eta power 2.9 pot arrived, even before we had posted the old one back to Lansdales! This one is perfect.

Eta2.9kit01.jpg

And my old Primus hard ally pans fit neatly into it once I realised you should reverse the old pans lid so the new on fits inside it.

Eta2.9kit03lids.jpg

The pan holder has been altered slightly to have little rubber grip studs

Eta2.9kit04handles.jpg

I have since sewn off the end of the new one, ground it smooth and polished the edges so it will fit inside the primus kettle I keep inside the pans. Why they make it just too long to fit I don't know.

Overall after a bad start they have proven to give excellent service.

ATB

Tom

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice one Tom, the're a bit good :) In mine I pack a Nova, ladle, fish slice, wooden spoon, brew kit :) This last year I've gone back to stove cooking (apart from a kettle on the fire maybe) and these pots are perfect for one pan meals for two to four people.

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah, cant wait to try it, should be big enough for 2 adults and three kids, well for the time being.

The vanes/baffles at the bottom do worry me a bit so I'll look for a plastic pot or something I can cut down to make a cover. The damaged one they first sent showed they aint that robust. I dare say it wouldn't effect it much but I like to look after good kit.

ATB

Tom

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
What I did Tom was wrap the original box in several layers of duck tape and store the pot in that, the pan is too big for a back pack so this solution is working for me.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Having slept on it (that really would flatten it ;-{D) it occurs to me it should fit inside the plastic mixing bowl we take for mixing bannock, washing up etc. If not theres always dozens of varriations in pound shops, one will be a rough fit.

Saying that card board and gaffer is remarkably resiliant, made a quicky sheath for the picnic bread knife years ago and thats still going strong!

Cheers!

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi Folks
the Evernew Aluminium/ceramic non stick pot arrived yesterday and I am mightily pleased with it. Was going to have a hot picnic out with it but overnight 2 kids decided to start coughing and dribbling snot so I'm going no where today :-{C

Orange4litre1.jpg

4 litres is what? 7 pints so that should be enough for us an 3 kids and still have stirring room..

The Ti pans (biggest is 2.6 litres) acually fit into it better than I hoped, the two fryingpan/plates fit neatly in the bottom in their mesh bag and the pans go in a treat in theirs so theres no rattlle or scratching potential. All I have to do is make sure the cord locks are pulled to the end of the cords and on top, its that tight a fit. Hopefully the whole lot will fit iside the smaller of the Aussie camp ovens.

Made in Korea not Japan this time but the quality control is excellent!

ATB

Tom

No connection to company but a very happy customer, Herself is odering me the 0.6L Ti nonstick as a anniversary present (should be "linen" but I ain't complaining), via a mate in Alabama so we won't get hit with tax etc.

also I blew the last of my silly money on a Titanium Clikstand T-2 please forgive me....

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Finally sated my hunger for titanium yesterday when a parcel from my mate in the US turned up with the 0.6 and 0.9 Evernew pots arrived, the Ti Clikstand arrived the day before.

allEvernew.jpg

and thats me spent up!

May ask the wife for a SnowPeak LiteMax stove for my Birthday...

ATB

Tom, whos off to use it!

Podcast Bob

I'm pleased to see everyone is having such a good time with Evernew gear, as we are proud to announce (News TODAY) that we have been nominated by them as the UK retailing partners for their gear.

We've just had the new Meths burner and DX stand in and I've been field testing them yesterday (as I do) and the quality is naturally high in every aspect. These items are hand made they tell me, and so we will be getting in the other 2010 pots and pans in as they become available.

There's various test results on the website and today I tried the unit with the Crusader Cup. Not only does it heat 500 ml of water to a rolling boil in 7 mins, the whole unit also fits inside the Crusader Cup!

I've also been testing it as a wood burner and it performs just as one would hope. In all honesty a small lightweight windshield did help on a breezy day, but even so, it is a lovely piece of kit, and so small!!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well, thats good news although I'm slightly p*ssed at it happening just after I finish the set I've been having to get from the US!

It is brilliant kit, so much better than the Ti stuff other folk do except they don't make a proper large double walled mug so I'm sticking to my Snowpeak 600.

Best of luck with it anyroad Bob, and as soon as you get a Ti ladle in I'll be having one off you! Herself has requested one.

By the by any chance of you getting the red squirt tops for platypusses, great bits of kit.

ATB

Tom

ErenewClick.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE