more snow

the laird

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2006
DK
Well its started again:D I can just about see the house across the street :red: my bag is getting re-filled after last weekends trip out,so I'm off out again for a couple of days in the morning:D:D happy days

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
from the forecast last night I was expecting that there would be 4 inches plus this morning. But there's not a flake in sight :( And here I was hoping to do some photography and tracking too.

the laird

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2006
DK
its forecast for today and tomorrow,but it hasnt really stopped since December:D
you should have been with me last weekend JonathanD the only footprints I saw for almost 2 days were Deer and yet only spotted one deer.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not surprised, it's freezing cold here now. It was an icy foggy morning when I got up. Snow forcast here later in the weekend.

cheers,
Toddy

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
Its been snowing all day round our way, its fun and all but i want spring to start, the colds getting in me bones.

brrrrr,
Rob

the laird

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2006
DK
Its been snowing all day round our way, its fun and all but i want spring to start, the colds getting in me bones.

brrrrr,
Rob

are you getting old Rob:lmao:

last friday before bedding down I took a reading off my not so reliable Pro Trek and it was showing 11 under,I'd walked down the beach to get to camp and did most of it on frozen sea

fjellerupfeb2012004.jpg

fjellerupfeb2012007.jpg

For the first time in ages I really needed this
fjellerupfeb2012015.jpg

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Started snowing up here on December 16th, although we have had the occasional thaw it has never gone away yet. Have been driving on white roads for over two months !

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Falling here quite heavy has been for last hour,just starting to stick, its been chilly for the last few days,very much doubt it will come to anything like the begining of January though.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wheesht you ! :)

We've just gotten thawed :sigh:
Have you seen the mess that snow and ice left the roads in :eek: Some stretches around here are more hole than road :(

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Admit it :D there's a big kid in you :D

The snow is beautiful but while we love it, everything else really struggles.
The bird and the insect populations are away down.

I hate the frozen treachery of the icy slush afterwards too.

Sorry to be such a grump, but the days are stretching out and I'm itching for a green spring :D

cheers,
M

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
Snowing here in Northampton which means I will probably just walk to work tomorrow. 3 miles cross country on foot beats 5 miles in the car with all the idiots.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Rain here too now. Honking great powercut for two hours as well. The whole village was out. Poor little Squeeks the budgie was mid flight as the lights went out and crashed into his tree. He's OK though.

DSC05217.jpg

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Well we had heavy snow here last night,and at 5 this morning the misses came in from work,with a big lump on her head and preceded to tell me how she'd lost control on the snow (on top of ice) and gone through a couple of hedges and ended up going through a embankment backwards, Police, Ambulance and fireengines on scene,and as luck would have it the first to get to her was a Doctor on his way home, she's ok just whip lash type neck injury's and a egg on her forhead,car's needing to be towed away for god knows how many repairs(mostly underside damage) oh and not a gritter lorry in sight again. So now we are officially done with snow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE