More pillow questions!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
snugpak do a little pillow that you can also bulk up with some clothing, it packs down quite small and is soft (ish)

I've just had this idea :240: how about getting a memory foam pillow, cutting it in half, compacting it right down and using that? if you could get some straps on it you'd get it down quite small and it would pop back up to full size (well, half of full size :D)

Improviser

Tenderfoot
I've seen in this months Trail magazine (or could be last mnths now if the next issue has come out very recently) a feature on 'budget' camping gear.

The tester stated most of the stuff was crap only getting what you pay for-surprise surprise except the blow up flock pillow for a £1 from poundland... :p believe it or not!!

http://www.poundland.co.uk/media/3885.aspx?width=150&height=100

It is also a full square unlike the travel neck versions that are abound,next time im in town im going to grab a few & should fold up small enough to fit in compression sack with kip bag.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The stuff sack for my Multi Mat self inflating matress is lines with microfleece. Turn it inside out and stuff it with clothing and - TAHDAH - a comfy pillow for next to no weight penalty! :)
As I tend to sleep in the raw (!) the gear I stuff it with is my clean gear for the next days wear, so even if my spare kit is drying on the line I still have something to put in the pillow.
I have also used my water bag as a pillow in the past - but one night it froze and became uncomfortable!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE