More badger watching

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Been out tonight to the sett where I believed the badgers had moved to. I scattered some peanuts and crab apples and sat back against a tree. Within a few minutes the stripeys started to appear - it was only 18:40pm.
I managed to watch natural behaviour such as grooming one another, scratching their own bellies by sitting up like panda bears with their rear legs spread out in front of them, belly scratching with their front paws, leaning back until they roll over backwards, very comical.
Also watched the sow gathering dried grass. She did this by sctratching it up with her paws and pushing it between her front legs under her belly. She continued this until she had a big ball underneath her, she then walked backwards, continually re-balling the hay with her front paws and descending her hole backwards.
The highlight was a big boar who walked cautiously up to me (I was laying on my front at this point) testing the scent like a pointer, edging forward until his nose was literally two feet from mine. He would not come any closer but was not too bothered, just turned around and continued scoffing nuts and apples
Took my little compact with me but the battery was low and died after a couple of shots.My uncles coming over Friday with his new Nikon DLSR so hope to get some good pics

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Got a bit of charge back in the camera battery but unfortunately these are the best two out of the four I took.
P1010494.jpg

P1010492.jpg

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
some good pictures there i love watching the badgers near me, its not a very large group? and i now what you mean about comical sometimes its hard not to laugh out loud.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE