Mora Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickety-root

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2006
leicester
This is my first attempt at any kind of leather work. I'd seen people advertising sheaths for the frost knives, thought they looked nice but reckoned I could have a go at doing it myself. I'm quite pleased with the results and it was really quite simple. Since I made it myself, I feel a lot more attatched to it than I would have if I'd just bought one.

IMGP0693.jpg

IMGP0691.jpg

rickety-root

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2006
leicester
I don't know about an article on this site as I'm fairly new to it (I wouldn't be suprised if there were one) but a quick web search will bring up loads, in varying degrees of quality. I just looked at others and used my common sense - I'm no leather expert but it wasn't terribly difficult, after looking at instructions on other sites, to work out how to do it. I imagine you're at an advantage, being in Canada, as leather and tools don't seem terribly easy to come by in England, only a couple of wholesalers. I was fortunate - I am a teacher and the art department happened to have a few off-cuts of leather. I went to a local cobbler (shoe repairer) for waxed thread and needles - he also put the eyelet in for me for the lanyard. Make sure you find instructions on how to wet form your sheath - it is really easy but so much more effective, I think, than a simple folded pouch. I've included a picture of a sheath by a chap who makes and sells on ebay - this one is currently at £25! (mine cost me £5 to make myself) but it also has a simple fire steel holder. I would have included one on mine (which would be very easy to do) only I don't yet own a fire stell so I couldn't be sure of dimensions.

01.jpg

Hope this is of some help - good luck with yours - post some pictures. By the way, I enjoyed your write up about your Mora - I felt exactly the same when I first got mine and yet have used it for carving etc and found it as good as I could want it to be.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i know rapidboy did a sheath tutorial on here just do a search for sheath making or something like that
leon

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Just go into the edged tools section of the forum and Rapidboys knife and sheath tutorial is the fourth thread down!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE