Mora re-handle finished!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I cant see why you cant post them on here apart from them being too big

knifey+008.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's showing as 1600 x 1200 pixels, is there somewhere on your blog page that you can tweak it ? It's probably getting reduced from the original somehow ?

The first time you open it from your blogg it's only 897 x 693 which would work better, not sure how you do it though.

Lovely job on the handle by the way goodjob

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Great job! Your blogs cool too. With such high craft skill levels it's quite reasuring to see you struggle with your IT.

I know this sounds really stupid lol but im not the best bushcrafter in the world still a newbie lol but how did you get the old handel off ?
Not that hard really, just used a hacksaw and cut along side the blade, and a bit of elbow grease to tear the horrid rubbery plastic off!! My pals have de-handled some Mora clippers, which I guess is a bit messier??

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Not that hard really, just used a hacksaw and cut along side the blade, and a bit of elbow grease to tear the horrid rubbery plastic off!! My pals have de-handled some Mora clippers, which I guess is a bit messier??
I owuldnt bother rehandling a plastic handled Mora unless it failed like this one and then I would shorten the blade to lengthen the tang a little bit.
BrokenMorahandle2.jpg

I would buy a blade or kit like THESE

I owuldnt bother rehandling a plastic handled Mora unless it failed like this one and then I would shorten the blade to lengthen the tang a little bit.
BrokenMorahandle2.jpg

I would buy a blade or kit like THESE

I did contemplate shortening the blade, but I would rather do a proper job of it and use a proper scandinavian (pukko?) blade.. I must stress this was a first attempt, I understand a lot of you have strong feelings about Mora's.. Now I know I can put a knife together, next time I'll source a sexier Swedish (or Finnish) model!!

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Jimbo
I I think you have done a good job on your knife and I will be hacking one to bits soon and it will get shortened as it will suit my Scouts better and its damaged in such a way that will be better sorted by shortening.

For a Scandi blade I recomend HERE and HERE I am a fan of the true Scandi style

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE