moon gazer flint striker.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Today i did a bit of antler carving,i saw some hares boxing the other day and i was inspired to carve a hare gazing at the full moon,its a country tale/ folklore that Hares stare at the moon,i had intended to use this as a handle for a steel striker for use with a flint,the carving is on red deer crown ,the moon is a mosaic pin and the striker is an ancient file i had in the workshop,as you can see it strikes pretty well!

moon gazer fire strike. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

thanks for looking.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Fishfish, I really love that, love the meanings behind it and it's wonderfully done. I didn't know you carved stuff like that. Reminds me of the pendant that was made for the "I Shall Wear Midnight" book by Terry Pratchett. Fantastic.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
In a word Stunning , really nice piece of work there fishfish . Brings back to my memory a story about an author who buried a gold hare and left clues as to how to find it in his book, cant remember his name or the book, or for that matter if it was ever found. Can any one help me out on that story ?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
In a word Stunning , really nice piece of work there fishfish . Brings back to my memory a story about an author who buried a gold hare and left clues as to how to find it in his book, cant remember his name or the book, or for that matter if it was ever found. Can any one help me out on that story ?

Have a look HEREHirarth.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE