Monocular

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Does anyone carry one in their pack? I have a few pairs of binos but quite fancy buying a monocular for my Response pak.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Does anyone carry one in their pack? I have a few pairs of binos but quite fancy buying a monocular for my Response pak.

I've a cheap one lying in the car,had a zeiss mini that was excellent.

I'd recommend the zeiss for size and quality,you can usually find them 2nd hand for a good price.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Yep, i have a couple, nothing special(read cheap, matches my life style !) one in my game bag that i use when walking the dogs, and one on the side strap of my pack, small lightweight & easy to use.

Rob

i've got one
nothing exotic as i dont really use it or binoculars sufficiently to justify spending vast amounts.
however does come in handy when i want to see something further off than my vision will do on its own.
get a cheapo see how you like it then improve the spec if you get on well with it would be my advice

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
i have a visionary that magnifies between 7 and 21 times, i allways take it out with me and usualy end up using it, id recomend it

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i've got a cheap and nasty monocular, i think it came free with something or other, and i use it all the time. i find a monocular to be a really useful bit of kit, especially when navigating. i use mine loads more then my binoculars.

cheers

stuart

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I have a cheapy off e bay
I carry it in my work rucksack because I began to notice sometimes I was thinking "if only I had binoculars with me" when at work
Use it loads
Also useful for checking out where paths go etc when out and about
Get a cheap one to start off with and see if it earns its keep
It probably will

"if only I had binoculars with me" that really is the kind of nonsense I think sometimes by the way

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I carry a small Luger Monocular when Packrafting, and a surprisingly powerful Swallow pocket telescope when not.

I bought the Swallow from the Survival Aids store at Euston Station many moons ago.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
i've got a cheap and nasty monocular, i think it came free with something or other, and i use it all the time. i find a monocular to be a really useful bit of kit, especially when navigating.

Well it's funny you should say that, I use a monocular a lot when navigating too. I much prefer binoculars for observing things, but for just identifying a mark a monocular is so convenient it takes some beating. I always carry one on the motor bike. It packs in an otherwise unoccupied space, it weighs practically nothing, oh, and fortunately it's waterproof. :)

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
yep a cheap one that I carry on my day bag that goes everywhere with me. Handy to spot things just a small distance away and with practice you can use it and your other eye at the same time, rapidly switching between longer distance and shorter. Mine was really cheap (less than £10) and weighs hardly anything

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I've been carrying this for years- it's a Tasco monoluar my Great Aunt bought while on holiday in Jersey, she gave it to me when I started travelling in my late teens- it's seen a lot of life and been around the world with me (literally!) twice over.

1288083624457.jpg

so its a good bit sentimental as well as being one of my most used bits of kit over the years!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE