MOLLE Sleep System carrier...

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Could any of you gents (or ladies!) kindly point me in the direction of someone in the UK that stock the MOLLE Sleep System Carrier (SSC)/Woodland.

I can only find stateside stockists, but i've no doubt surplus stores over here would sell them.

Cheers, TBL.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I've only seen these on ebay and they come from the States. Nolightweight just sold me his, I won't tell you what I paid as it would just be rude!:27::tongue-ti I know this isn't helpful but I don't think they're something you see very often over here. If I do I'll let you know though!

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I'm guessing you got a bargain :)

Cheers for keeping an eye out... i've just bought a molle backpack that i like very much, the SSC would make a good edition and allow me to roll my bag in bivi and sling it under the pack.

Have you had the chance to use it yet? they look simple- but decent bits of kit as far as pouches go.

Regards, TBL.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm guessing you got a bargain :)

Cheers for keeping an eye out... i've just bought a molle backpack that i like very much, the SSC would make a good edition and allow me to roll my bag in bivi and sling it under the pack.

Have you had the chance to use it yet? they look simple- but decent bits of kit as far as pouches go.

Regards, TBL.

No not had a chance as I won't be collecting it until November when I see Neil next. I'm kind of interested in a molle pack now to be honest, where did you get yours and was it dear?

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Not really... it was a clone of the camelbak motherlode 40ltr, one large outer pouch i use for sharps, FA kit ect,
one smaller outer pouch that takes a brew kit perfectly (1.1 litre ti potset) and one large compartment in the main section... also an internal sleve for a hydration pouch.

hammock, tarp ect are secured with sidestraps.

similar (near identical) to this, but £110 cheaper! (around £45 posted) same spec, material ect. carry's everything i need although i do like minimal/light kit.

http://www.rvops.co.uk/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2230

TBL.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Looks good for the price, not much you wouldn't get in there with a ssc as well. hmm...

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Word of caution. That's not a modular sleep system carrier.

Looks like a woodland camo version of the old OD butt pack which is a lot smaller than the MSS carrier.

Hope that helps...

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Looks good for the price, not much you wouldn't get in there with a ssc as well. hmm...

I found i can get everything i need (rather than things i dont) and walk as far as i like with it... managed a mile up a sheep track on the weekend, no discomfort!

Contents-

Axe (Husqvarna small)
Saw (silky)
Mora.
FA Kit.
Tinder kit, firesteel ect.
Brew kit with Meths stove and 500ml ethanol.
Alpkit Skyehigh 600, liner.
Jungle hammock.
Tarp.
Groundsheet.
Zebra billy can.
Fleece.
Food for 3 (main + brekkie)
Hipflask (full) :)

I'm shure there where various other odd's and sods i've forgot... Basically it handled a 'lean' full load no probs!

TBL.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Word of caution. That's not a modular sleep system carrier.

Looks like a woodland camo version of the old OD butt pack which is a lot smaller than the MSS carrier.

Hope that helps...

Just noticed that too, but it may still be just the job! i really only need space to fit a down bag fairly compressed with a bivi over it.
with the bag out the main compartment, i would have some space again but i'll have to think about it!

Grateful for pointing that out :)

Regards, TBL.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
I could probably pick you one up from my friend who deals in us militaria..im sure i saw one the last time i was over his....in woodland camo it was.

And those training packs are tiny btw.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Ahhh... difficult to judge from piccy.

If you are passing and dont mind asking/seeing if your mate has one i would be grateful, Regards, TBL.

P.s do they have any type of compression system? or is it just the two straps...

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE