Mods for a Zebra Billy..your advice and ideas please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gentlemanc

Aug 24, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
Hi All,
I have decided that i need to modify my 10cm Billy as I want to be able carry in my Maxpedition Bottle holder and the handle gets in the way, really i want to be able to fold the handle under the Billy. I had though to drill out the rivets holding the factory handle in place and then, If I can find some, loop some braided s/steel wire through and crimp them up with something.

I thought before I started I would ask for any advice or better ideas if people are happy to share?

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi All,
I have decided that i need to modify my 10cm Billy as I want to be able carry in my Maxpedition Bottle holder and the handle gets in the way, really i want to be able to fold the handle under the Billy. I had though to drill out the rivets holding the factory handle in place and then, If I can find some, loop some braided s/steel wire through and crimp them up with something.

I thought before I started I would ask for any advice or better ideas if people are happy to share?

I drilled my zebra Billy and replaced the handle with brake cable from a bike. Was cheeky and went in to a bike shop and asked if they had any spare bits and they did :)

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
Id recommend using the brake wire too. Terminate the ends with the internal parts of a connector block (remove the two screws and just push out the brass part). Good luck with your mods

gentlemanc

Aug 24, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
My thanks to you all I have now modded my Billy, although I have now added a Dremmel to my Christmas/If I win the lottery list.

I will, when I have the last few bits of the puzzle update with some pictures.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE