Modifying a Condor Bushlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Ross- thanks for the photo! I actually had a bash with a file last night on mine- it's looks fairly similar to the result on yours. Have you started to 'flatten' out the grind further up the knife as well, or have you just extended the grind closer to the handle?

Last night i used the file to extend the grind closer to the handle (which maybe took about 45 each side), and then used a medium coarse diamond stone to start to reduce the curvature on the original grind, and slightly widen the grind. This latter part has not been too dramatic so far as I want to give the knife a go first, and see if I think lowering the angle of the cutting edge further would be of benefit.

I then polished the whole thing with various grades of wet and dry which has removed the factory applied 'grey paint' to the blade, and almost (but not entirely) removed the evidence of some of my sloppier passes with the file!

I took some photos at various stages last night which i shall try to upload tomorrow.

LuckyLee- thanks for the info- it's good to know that the knife can be made pretty good! I don't have a Lansky, but your post has got me looking at them now. Which one do you have- the one that comes in the red box, or the one made out of wood? I fear a purchase is in the making!

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Ross, in the picture of your knife above, it looks like your scales don't fully cover the knife tang all round- is that just an illusion? If not, that's fairly poor of Condor to let that go through quality control. At least my scales are flush with the tang!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE