Mobile phone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I discovered the other day that a 1/2 ounce plastic golden virginia tobacco pouch just fits my phone in snugly, went paddling and it was what was around! These have a ziplock closure and wrap around so should be adequate for the odd dunking. My phone is a nokia 5140.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Well my girlfriend also got such a wind up phone charger torch, but even after winding up for about 3-4 minutes the phone (my girlfriends nokia 5210) did only last about 5 minutes in standby...

You can get normal 9v lithium batteries which last quite long as well.

Just saw an ericsson 310, it's from the year 2000 but it's completely waterproof and shock resistant, though it's probably also a bit bulky :)

Guess I'll just get a cheap phone and put it in a plastic case :/ .. or condom ;)

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
There are two ways of water proofing a phone - you can use a bag of some kind to literally place the phone in to keep it dry when not in use; or you can buy an accessory that allows you to use your phone in wet conditions. The former can be acheived with a ziploc bag, the latter requires something like the Boxit, which has a special design to allow you to use both the keypad and joystick, and hear and be heard while using the phone.

Here's a link to one on ebay for reference: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Waterproof-an...6QQihZ017QQcategoryZ68029QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't believe the aquapac provides the same level of functionality (especially in audio quality) that the Boxit does, but I've never tested one myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE