Mobile phone pouch quandary...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Shewie - the berghaus case would probably be good for you too but aquapac do a rolltop bag specially made for cameras and stuff that is pretty water resistant (not allowed to say waterproof now without the right IPX water safety certificates). It is bright orange and think can fit to vertical and horizontal straps as well. It is not the clear ones but the orange ones which IIRC are padded.

BTW about 10 years ago a mate had the boxit phone case which were made for the standard Nokia phone shape that was pretty standard back then. He used it clipped to his bouyancy aid while whitewater kayaking. As you can imagine dropping over grade 4 or 5 waterfalls meant it got a good testing for waterproofness, toughness and secure clipability. On top of that he was able to use the phone through it too!! One time we were paddling through a gorge in the Lakes and it was amazing how he had full reception all through the trip too!!! I'd have thought it impossible to get any signal there at all!!

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Is that a galaxy S2 there Calibanzwei?? If so cracking phone but have you had a few forced closures of apps or even the social hub?? It is annoying and only cured with a shutdown for me. A case of the old IT shout of "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Ai, that GS2 is a bit of a beast isn't it - I'd class it more as a mini-tablet! No, mine is the Galaxy Ace (the S2's newer, but lesser endowed relation). No forced closures as yet, only a bit of a slowdown when switching between resource hungry applications - its only a 800Mhz CPU compared to your dual-core 1.2Ghz's. Going to some some reading up before rooting, overclocking and installing custom ROMS ;)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Ai, that GS2 is a bit of a beast isn't it - I'd class it more as a mini-tablet! No, mine is the Galaxy Ace (the S2's newer, but lesser endowed relation). No forced closures as yet, only a bit of a slowdown when switching between resource hungry applications - its only a 800Mhz CPU compared to your dual-core 1.2Ghz's. Going to some some reading up before rooting, overclocking and installing custom ROMS ;)

Have a look at cyanogenmod for a ROM, its sweet. Been running it first on my G1 and now on Galaxy S.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Lol - just think of ROM's as different versions of Windows - if you don't like your operating system, try a different one. CyanogenMod is basically Android that's been taken apart (legally, as it's open source like Linux) and put back together, better. Speaks volumes when they work directly with Sony Ericsson and one of their developers has been taken on by Samsung.

Last edited:

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I don't know what you guys are talking about but it sounds good!!

Custom firmware / OS for your phone so you don’t have to have all the Carrier / Manufacture horse muck stuff that comes preinstalled and is no use to anyone. You get to use Android as it was developed, not as the PR dept thinks you should. Word of warning you can brick (destory) your phone when playing around with roms so becareful, read all the documentation and if your not sure dont do it.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Custom firmware / OS for your phone so you don’t have to have all the Carrier / Manufacture horse muck stuff that comes preinstalled and is no use to anyone. You get to use Android as it was developed, not as the PR dept thinks you should. Word of warning you can brick (destory) your phone when playing around with roms so becareful, read all the documentation and if your not sure dont do it.

Ai, this too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE