MLD ultralight tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mountain Laurel Designs Ultra Light Tarp.

Grace Solo. Spinnaker EXP. Excellent condition. No marks or tears, rips etc.

MLD, very high quality tarps. If you are after a solo ultralight tarp, this is one of the best out there.

My electronic scales are broken, so i've had to use some older kitchen scales, and it weighs approximately between 160-170g without guylines.

Wild Camping on the Moors. I think I've still got that polycryo groundsheet in the photo somewhere, so i'll throw that in as well.

Untitled.jpg
[/URL]

Some photos of the same tarp on Dzjows blog, in link below. He's tested his in some stunning wild locations. Sarek, Greenland etc.

http://dzjow.com/2011/06/08/tarping-with-the-grace-solo-spinntex-97/

WANTS:

Im not really wanting for kit.

Would like a Gransfors Swedish Carving axe, or a bowl adze, or maybe 2 or 3 well made cheaper woodworking tools, like a good carving axe, and draw knife, rip saw, iron tripod etc.

A grey owl chieftan paddle in cherry or walnut.

Large polycotton tarp.

Caldera cone ti tri to fit 750

Ruffwear approach dog pack to fit large retriever.

A classic woolrich field coat, red and black check, filson mackinaw cruiser, or bison bushshirt? 44" chest

Failing that just some cool bit of nice kit. Or may sell it.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Youve already got one Matthew..:D

I've got a trailstar as well in sil olive/brown, but for one reason or another, not been using it.
I need the bigger tarps, cause I suspect the dogs gonna be coming with me.
Then I can snap some photos like yours. :)

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Sure thing Paul. But Its unlikely.

[Incidentally whilst on the subject, do any of you ultralight enthusiasts know why MLD stopped making the trailstar in olive/brown?]

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Youve already got one Matthew..:D

I've got a trailstar as well in sil olive/brown, but for one reason or another, not been using it.
I need the bigger tarps, cause I suspect the dogs gonna be coming with me.
Then I can snap some photos like yours. :)

Very true, you can never have too many shelters though... Right?! ...Currently scraping funds together for a scarp 1 :)

As for the colours, I think it's sometimes as simple as they run out of the material, seem to remember reading recently that the olive brown is now available again, as is the snazzy yellow! Think Ron posts updates on the FB page long before the MLD site gets updated, just need to ping him an email before placing an order if a colour isn't listed. They now also make a 15% smaller version of the Trailstar that's not even mentioned on the site, yet can be ordered if specified in the comments box when ordering.

BareThrills - there's a Trailstar on sale on OM forum at the mo, price is pretty steep though, especially as MLD seem to be getting Trailstars delivered to the UK in around 4-5 weeks at the mo

Hoping to get out in mine again this week, can't wait :)

Matt

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Also trade for a classic woolrich field coat, red and black check, filson mackinaw cruiser, bison bushshirt.

44" chest

This tarp is great for a bimble, just slips into a smock pocket, weighs next to nothing, and blends in well in winter.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
You lot are bad for my wallet. Joined OM and am in discussions with someone on a yellow Trailstar with ookworks cuben door. Will see what the price is before i dive in though.

Sorry to jack your thread Dave. Have a bump for a most excellent tarp

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You seem to do what I do Paul. Dive in. Wouldnt you be happier with an olive/brown TS?
Not knocking yellow sil with cuben door. Sounds funky. And if thats the one which is going for £150, on OM I'd say it was well worth it.
Plus they hold their value extremely well, especially on ebay, so if you flog it, you should get your money back

Thanks for the :bump:

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
The smaller version of the trailstar is due to go on the site this week, plus a new bigger version too!

Anyway... Back to looking for stuff to offer as trade... :)

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I've got nothing to offer as a trade, certainly no blow up dolls! Would you take cold hard cash and if so how much?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE