MKettle Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
I've had my name down for one of Devin Montgomery's Montgomery Kettles for a while now and I can see little difference between the two kettles other than the mkettle weighs nearly twice as much as Mr Montgomery's. Personally, I liked the way Mr Montgomery had found a solution to his lightweight backpacking needs and taught himself to spin metal etc to fabricate his kettle. Seems pretty much the sort of guy I'd happily share time around a fire with. He's posted details of his creation online and a bunch of us have said "Oh nice, would you make me one?" and he's said yes.

I think I'll be waiting for a package from the states rather than buying an mkettle!

Al

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Did you read the text though? The guy seems to be claiming that the mKettle dude even called him to grill him for information and even used his name.
That's sharp practice at best.

Yes I read that but I also know that there is always other possibilities. I do not know the facts but for all I know the MKettle was nearing completion when he saw this similar design. He may have been phoning to see if it was the same. It seems kind of quick from the phone call to the MKettle being in production too if it were a copy only thought of at the time of the call.

But as I say I do not know the truth of this and doubt I ever will.

Nov 10, 2010
Glasgow
Hey - great review - I have a 1 pint KK though so where can i get one of the neoprene wraps? I love the idea of being able to pick it up without burnt fingers eh!
If they're not on the market...is it made of the same stuff as those neoprene knee support things? Strange idea but would that do the trick just as well (and cheap off ebay!)?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Hey - great review - I have a 1 pint KK though so where can i get one of the neoprene wraps? I love the idea of being able to pick it up without burnt fingers eh!
If they're not on the market...is it made of the same stuff as those neoprene knee support things? Strange idea but would that do the trick just as well (and cheap off ebay!)?

Buy a mousemat and sew it around the KK?

Dec 16, 2007
Unlike some people I like to wear a PLCE belt kit on day walks and not a pack. Does the mKettle fit into a PLCE utility pouch with all the bag and stuff. Like the idea of the trangia and this does seem good for days out. For longer I will use my Ghillie kettle as I like the sound of the whistle and that teas up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE