Mixymatosis

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Not sur if i spelt it right, but i think its near enough for everyone to know what i'm on about. Theres a fair bit of it about at the moment, certainly were we are anyway, with my dog catching/killing one most mornings.
Wednesday when i took him out, he caught/killed 3, the last one acted like a rabbit that did'nt have ie ran off in a straight line,( they normaly run in small circles), but he was able to get up close before it saw him.
What surprised me when i took it off him, was that it only had mixxy in one eye, has anyone else come across this ?.

Rob

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
The warm winter hasn't killed many fleas (or ticks come to that - make sure you've a tick hook in your FAK this spring/summer) so it'll likely be a bad year for it unless we get some proper frosts.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Bad weather doesn't kill ticks, it just makes them go deeper underground.

Loads of myxy around here at the moment, pretty horrible.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
This one was probably like the small boy who's dad says "you'll go blind" & he thinks "i'll risk one eye..."

Rob

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Rabbit walks in a pub and ordered a pint and a toasted ham sandwich, then a toasted cheese sandwich, then a toasted corned beef and tomato sandwich and then a toasted tuna/mayo sandwich. The rabbit ate them all and dropped dead in the pub.

His cause of death was from Mixinghistoasties

I'll get me coat.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Rabbit walks in a pub and ordered a pint and a toasted ham sandwich, then a toasted cheese sandwich, then a toasted corned beef and tomato sandwich and then a toasted tuna/mayo sandwich. The rabbit ate them all and dropped dead in the pub.

His cause of death was from Mixinghistoasties

I'll get me coat.

Thats awful !

Rob

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Mixy will not kill a entire area of rabbits as some have developed a immunity to it you will notice some rabbits have scars or new fur growth around the eyes these are the ones recovering, this last virus that hit the rabbits came from France and was similar to a flu which kills the rabbits within 3 to 4 days we have no rabbits in this area at all. Mixy is a pox virus introduced by man in the 1950s.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE