Missing tarp!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Right guys, a bit of an update, I have just written an email to the company expressing my concerns and asking how we go from here, this is what I wrote -

Hi Mr Outdoor equipment man,

I am really sorry to do this mate, as you have been brilliant, but I must admit I am a little concerned that you seem to be washing your hands of all responsibility of this situation with my tarp mate.

I entrusted my goods to you and now I am left with nothing.

I have a considerable amount of money invested in this tarp, when you allow what I paid you, the cost of the tarp itself and two lots of postage to yourself the amount comes in at around £85, its madness really as I could have bought a nice Superfly.

I am not sure exactly what you meant when you said that you would put a claim in on my behalf, are you saying that a claim to Royal Mail is where your responsibility ends and I will get what I get?

If this is the case I will be extremely disappointed and would hoped for a bit better service from a company with a superb reputation like you have built.

I fully appreciate that this is not directly your fault mate, but I really don't have anywhere else to go with this.

Like I said to you in a previous message my summer has pretty much slipped away and I have not been able to get out anywhere as my tarp has been with you nearly 10 weeks (if my calculations are correct).

I would like to thank you for all the help and advice you have given me up until now, and apologise profusely that I have had to write an email like this to you but I really don't no what my next move is, and as Royal Mail have already messed up once I don't really hold a lot of hope of getting any sort of compensation.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Steve Jackson

Hopefully I have not come across to forcefull, I didnt really want to write it at all, but I have been left no choice.

Cheers for the help so far.

Steve

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
And also going back through my emails, it was the 29th may I sent it off to him to have him fix the doors he had sewn on. So its actually 9 weeks not 10!!

Perhaps I should have checked it before I wrote the mail lol

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Hi James,

No mate he didnt give me any sort of option for postage, he just emailed me saying he had sent it off via royal mail first class.

Cheers
Steve

To be fair, you did say send it pigeon mail to him. A bit daft pi n his part but he did what you said. I still think its his responsibility to get it to you though.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Just another updated people,

I have had a response from the chap in question, I wont put it on here word for word, but basically he has told me he will give me a brand new superfly tarp when they come in on the next shippment to cover what I have lost!!

I think that is a fantastic offer, he has always been a pleasure to deal with and this proves just how much he appreciates his customers as he will be quite a bit out of pocket himself.

Great service!!!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I agree totally!!

I was expecting at best a refund of sorts.

But a superfly is far more than expected!!

Fair play uk hammocks!!

Very happy customer here!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE