mini tranga

speedstar

Forager
May 28, 2005
lincs
:Hello all

I have just come back from a shoping trip to get some socks and came back with a mini trangia for 10 quid :lmao: ;)

Got it from blacks was the last one asked the gril if there was any thing wrong weit it as the simer ring was not on it but it was in the box. :D

What a bargin. :cool:

Rob

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
The Trangia 28 "Mini" is the one that I've had for the past three years. I bought the mini because at the time, I couldn't afford a 25 or a 27. Gawd, it's a great piece of kit and I haven't used a petrol stove since. I customized mine a little bit by making a better windscreen from an MSR stove kit; and this reflects the heat against the pot better as well as making it work better in bad weather. If I still had a digital camera, I'd show ya!

Adam

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Yeah, you really can't go wrong with a Trangia. They'll do everything that you need them to do as long as you don't might waiting a bit longer for your food to cook, snow to melt, or tea to boil.

Adam

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Mini Trangia has an impressively low pack weight (the military trangia is nearly a kilo!) . Very good kit as it keeps the pack weight down. I think it was originally designed for mountain marathons.

It can benefit from a foil or improvised windshield in severe conditions.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I was at a boat jumble recently with a couple of friends as we all share a small stand. We had the tea brewing on several occasions (0n the table top). On each occasion the Trangia looked so impressive to those browsing that they picked up the pot with the water in,this consequently made the flames rise up, and made them jump! I had to write a little note to warn that this was NOT for sale and our tea. Caused some amusement though :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE