Mini line lok

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thay can be very useful for Guylines. I used them for ages with thin, high tech lines.

They adjust easily, hold tight in wind and the glow in the dark ones offer a bit of an aid at night. As long as the cord fits in the gap, I've found they hold every type of line well.

Essentially, they replace the guy line knot.

Elen Sentier

Thay can be very useful for Guylines. I used them for ages with thin, high tech lines.

They adjust easily, hold tight in wind and the glow in the dark ones offer a bit of an aid at night. As long as the cord fits in the gap, I've found they hold every type of line well.

Essentially, they replace the guy line knot.

Ta Teepee, possibly a little easier for my deformed fingers than knot-making (not certain of this!). Can they be useful with a ridgeline or no point?

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Elen, I suffer badly with arthritis in both hands and find dealing with cordage very difficult sometimes; the linelocks are invaluable to me and I use them all the time on Dyneema, Paracord and accessory cord for loads of stuff from guylines to tying stuff to my roofrack. Although I haven't used the mini ones I'v got the next two sizes up and they deal with cordage up tp about 8mm.........I wouldn't be without them.I hope this helps, atb mac

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Elen, I've just helped out a mate with a DD tarp, dunno if that's yours ? TW similar

Basicaly.. Pack of 4 guylines from poundland, a few meters of shock cord from ebay, and a couple of cheap carabiners (89p the pair)

On on end, make some loops (12 -14" from shock cord) then put 2 cheapo guy lines on them.

Make up the same two pair of loop/guys but put 'em on carabiners. This gives you the option of just using it as normal, or you can close one end...

IMGP2090.jpg

and you can change for the weather, extreme to mild ...DD loops, shock loops, guy lines, 3 options !

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
I invested in this deal a couple of weeks ago from Clamcleats:
http://www.clamcleat.com/cleats/cleats.asp?menuid=7

For around £7.50 including p&p it doesn't break the bank. I got them to use as guylines & they look good, but i haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I'm a ground dweller with no intention of sleeping at altitude so i don't know if they're any good for hammocks.

Edit: OK, you've got to find the online shop (contacts & distribution) & scroll down to CL605/P1

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I use mini line loks Elen. I'll bring some along when I see you in a fortnight for a play. I recommend them. Excellent, easy and no fuss. I've never known one to slip, even in the worst weather.

The Clamcleats buy is excellent value too.

I'm not sure I'd trust the weight of a hammock to one, at least not the mini ones, but for tarp use thay are brilliant.

chrisinhove

Aug 7, 2013
Sussex
They're pure genius. Every guy line I possess now has a line-Lok fitted. They do offer guidance on tarp/ hammock rigging on the website.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE