Mini Gas BBQ/Grill ?

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I was in Go outdoors a few weeks ago, and spotted a mini BBQ with small griddle etc it looked like one of these in size, but had the slatted grill for cooking plus gridle and small ring. -

158952_5032307673439-639015099.jpg

But has an orange case.

Anyone seen one before ?

Nick

*************** Mods -please move to KIT CHATTER , Ta.*******************

Last edited:

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
If it were pink it would be a Barbi bar-be-que.

I am still looking for the stainless steel version.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Hi ,
Saw them in robert dyas yesterday , be warned though . the stove version ( re. picture ) uses a canister a day ( average use ) . So whilst they are cheap and handy they also cost a quid a day to run . I imagine the bbq version will cost more per day .
Cheers , Trev .
Not got one though so it's an unqualified opinion .

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
A couple of guys at work were using one the other week to heat a saucepan of wax to seal the ends of the sample tubes when the canister erupted into flame. An immediate investigation by Mr Elf & Safety concluded that the breeze was blowing the flame at an angle where it proceeded to heat the canister to a point where the metal failed; causing a small 'bleve' read: 'big flame' in the back of the Landy. I own one, and have never had problems before, but its certainly worth bearing in mind!

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I've seen em and thought that might be handy but then at the back of my mind is my experience of ink jet printers and the price of cartridges compared to the thing itself.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
... causing a small 'bleve' read: 'big flame' in the back of the Landy.
As you didn't say otherwise I assume your colleagues were fortunate enough to have escaped unharmed. Any Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapour Explosion, even a small one, is a cause for concern. A great deal of energy is released very quickly indeed and the results can be catastrophic.
There are some really spectacular BLEVE vids on U2b.

Jolyon

Life Member
Feb 1, 2010
wokingham
If i am in a car I swear by 'son of hibachi' small enuogh, easy clean and poratable leaving no trace.
If i am on my bike then i go with Grilliput fits easily in my back pack.
Failing that you can't beat an MSR multifuel.

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
Not sure it's the same on but it looks exactly like a couple that I have. Never had a problem with them and used them for car camping quite often. Keep them around the house so if we lose power in a storm we can still cook.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE