Mini Containers - What did you do?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grey Owl

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2006
Canada
voyagetothebay.cauc.ca
Curious as to how people made use of the these items that were purchased on Group Buy a few months ago.

From the original post

"It is basically a small cylinder (approx 38mm long x 12mm diameter) machined from aluminium, with a rubber o-ring to waterproof.

Please see the following link:"

http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=3&cat=4,104,53217, 58218&p=58218

Include photos if possible to inspire the unimaginative minds of this forum.

Cheers.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I used mine at school for a combination map reading / orienteering / treasure hunt exercise for my D of E group.

Each container had a new clue - distance, bearing etc in it and the kids had to navigate around the grounds.

Only did it once because it took quite a while to set up - but the kids loved it.

Simon

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I gave one each to my youngest kids, they both now have rolled up birch bark in them and have them on lanyards with other small useful items SAK compass whistle etc

I use one for keeping lighter fluid for my zippo in-kept with firestarting kit
and I am sure I stuck some water purifying tabs in one but cant say where I put that at the moment
keep meaning to do the tenner idea but it just gets spent on beer!!!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Curious as to how people made use of the these items that were purchased on Group Buy a few months ago.

Cheers.

Can`t believe I missed this group buy, anybody got a spare they can sell me ???

That`ll teach me to be away for 5 months I suppose. :(

Rich

I'm glad to see that they've been put to good use, considering the efforts put into the GB with it becoming the size it did.

Personally, I have put one with my kids' kit with emergency contact details in. I have another stuffed full of charcloth as emergency tinder kept with my firelighting kit, and I keep meaning to do the emergency tenner on the keyring - just need to stop spending it though. I had intended on compiling a small fishing kit in one but haven't yet.

Keep the posts coming, we all can benefit from others ingenuity (?sp) from time to time.

Cheers

BS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE