Minecraft?

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Blimey. Handbags at dawn.
I dislike the fact there is always an inevitable down turn to my recent threads. I had no quarrel with anyone. Ivan just came in here and started giving his opinion and criticism, which was rather unwanted due to the fact that he was initially uninterested in the entire subject. I wasn't telling anyone what they should do with their time. I respect modern technology AND the value of going outdoors. I wasn't telling anyone that they should sit their kids down in front of this Minecraft game instead of taking them out to the park. Now apparently I'm a part of an argument. Oh, bother.

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I dislike how it always seems to me that there is an inevitable down turn to my recent threads. I had no quarrel with anyone. Ivan just came in here and started giving his opinion and criticism, which was a little unfounded due to the fact that he was initially uninterested in the entire subject. Now apparently I'm a part of an argument. Oh, bother.

Ivan explained himself with gentlemanly aplomb. I would've left it there. Robbi was just showing an interest. Relax.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hey! THoaken, or may i call you Taylor? I think i explained myself and apologised, for sticking my nose in your thread, as you quite rightly say, it is a subject that is of no interest to me.

I will even say sorry, for harping on about the old days, boy do i wish i was 20 again (but with all the things i know as a 50 year old)

You do appear to be an angry young man, you have started various threads (some very interesting) You ask for advice and comments, and as soon as somebody says something you don't like, thats you and the thread finished.

I nearly joined in with your course thread, and thought better of it, lots out there gave you advice and support, and am sure would like to know the out come.

Anyway, i will try and leave things alone, that i know nothing about, but keep making the videos, and hope all goes well with your decision making, whether it's following your parents to England, or not.

Atb.

Ivan...

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Hey! THoaken, or may i call you Taylor? I think i explained myself and apologised, for sticking my nose in your thread, as you quite rightly say, it is a subject that is of no interest to me.

I will even say sorry, for harping on about the old days, boy do i wish i was 20 again (but with all the things i know as a 50 year old)

You do appear to be an angry young man, you have started various threads (some very interesting) You ask for advice and comments, and as soon as somebody says something you don't like, thats you and the thread finished.

I nearly joined in with your course thread, and thought better of it, lots out there gave you advice and support, and am sure would like to know the out come.

Anyway, i will try and leave things alone, that i know nothing about, but keep making the videos, and hope all goes well with your decision making, whether it's following your parents to England, or not.

Atb.

Ivan...
I have accepted your apology, however I must say a few words...

Do not assume I am an angry person. I have created very few threads that could be considered in any way negative in their outlook. I believe the only time I've ever been angry is on my course thread. This was supposed to be a light hearted thread about a computer game, but you were the one who came here saying "waste of time" this and "bitter" that. I do not appreciate the assumption that I am an angry person. Also, the thing about online text is that it can be taken in all manner of ways. I am currently having a good day, but I believe clarity to be the key to fixing all misunderstandings like this. That is why I'm writing so formally. Now this conversation is over.

Last edited:

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Taylor, go outside, give yourself a good shake and come back in again, you really do have an unfortunate way about you that just seems to wind some folks up, lighten up young man, it's not the whole world against you. If you go looking for negative comments you will find them........you will also find positive comments in the same place if you care to look a little deeper. :)

Ivan has been very patient with you and apologised on more than one occassion, i think you should thank him and accept his apology without comment, move on and chill out a tad.

stay cool dude :)

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Taylor, go outside, give yourself a good shake and come back in again, you really do have an unfortunate way about you that just seems to wind some folks up, lighten up young man, it's not the whole world against you. If you go looking for negative comments you will find them........you will also find positive comments in the same place if you care to look a little deeper. :)

Ivan has been very patient with you and apologised on more than one occassion, i think you should thank him and accept his apology without comment, move on and chill out a tad.

stay cool dude :)

You clearly don't understand that not everyone has to litter their posts with smiley emoticons to show that they are happy. And please don't assume that I'm filled with angst. I want you to quote me anywhere in this thread that has made it sound like I think the world world is against me. You won't find anything because I have said nothing of the sort. I don't need to shout to the heavens that I'm "bubbly" or "filled with joy" every second to show that I'm happy. I'm neither happy nor angry. I'm neutral. I think the reason you are saying this to me is because you think all youngsters should speak the same. Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but this is the way I speak. Formality in text doesn't equal anger or coldness. Do you understand? You need to understand that I'm not attacking anyone, I'm not shouting abuse, I'm doing nothing that would colour me as an angry person. I won't receive a warning, I assure you, because I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm stating my position in the clearest manner possible.

Chill out? What do you mean I need to chill out? I'm not exactly shouting with caps-lock on, am I? If I were truly angry I wouldn't be writing in such a composed manner. Think about that.

And please don't try to pander to me with the "stay cool dude" stuff. I'm not a child.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I am not a technology enthusiast I have mearly half learnt a foriegn language so I can talk to my teenagers. I would be quiet happy living like the armish.

Or Amish ?

Keep your virus checker up to date and you should not have problems, we are a family of heavy users (computers) and don't get issues including Java. Usually its a family member who just clicks 'install' on any old tat offered on the screen that gives you grief.

My lad used to play Minecraft but not for a while now. I do play Sims from time to time, built myself a nice log cabin not long ago :)

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
You clearly don't understand that not everyone has to litter their posts with smiley emoticons to show that they are happy. And please don't assume that I'm filled with angst. I want you to quote me anywhere in this thread that has made it sound like I think the world world is against me. You won't find anything because I have said nothing of the sort. I don't need to shout to the heavens that I'm "bubbly" or "filled with joy" every second to show that I'm happy. I'm neither happy nor angry. I'm neutral. I think the reason you are saying this to me is because you think all youngsters should speak the same. Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but this is the way I speak. Formality in text doesn't equal anger or coldness. Do you understand? You need to understand that I'm not attacking anyone, I'm not shouting abuse, I'm doing nothing that would colour me as an angry person. I won't receive a warning, I assure you, because I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm stating my position in the clearest manner possible.

Chill out? What do you mean I need to chill out? I'm not exactly shouting with caps-lock on, am I? If I were truly angry I wouldn't be writing in such a composed manner. Think about that.

And please don't try to pander to me with the "stay cool dude" stuff. I'm not a child.

Smileys are fun. Chill out dude :D

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I was going to leave this alone, but before a mod steps in and locks this thread, i will reply one more time, but without apology, i for one have my issues and weak moments, and have been told, partly that i am new to forums, probably quite true.

I love nothing more than a good debate, i actually think i am quite good , verbally, i did not mean to insult your inteligence your passion/beliefs/past or forward thinking, but you do have a different way of engaging with the masses, and when some of the responses, are not to your young inexperienced eyes, as i said before your invlolvement, in your own thread ends, i know i have had a look, i have said that i should not have joined in with your minecraft thread, and did my best to explain myself.

Nobody said you were a child, and i also empathise your situation, of having to follow your parents to Waterloovile, so make the most of it get out there and enjoy, you have your whole life ahead of you!

I am still prepared after all said and done, to collect you and some pals, show you Dartmoor, in all it's glory and spiritual beauty,so you can appreciate what it is about the wild you love, coz i am a good host and not a bad fella, ask anyone that has experienced my hospitality, there are a few on here.

No cost to you or pals, i will even feed you, so confident am i, that you would rather mope about your situation, and not take me up on my offer, i will even give you £20.00 to go home with!!

Ivan...

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Smileys are fun. Chill out dude :D

Totally ...
bill-and-ted.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE