military Mart

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Popped along there earlier today and was amazed how big and how much stuff was in there. For all you military gear lovers, you have to visit there, the online site doesn't do it justice.

Bought a Mora knife cos you lot go on about them so much and an E. Johnson knife for just under a fiver. This knife is the first ever to shave my arm proper without a touch up....for just under fiver, brilliant, the blade of the E. Johnson is about half inch longer than the Mora.

ejohnson.jpg

ejohnson2.jpg

I also bought a Viper maglite holder, cut a brass piece from an old belt and cut through the centre, attached it to the holder and now it's me dangler

ejohnson3.jpg

Can't recommend this shop enough.....I'll be back, maybe for a DD hammock...or a used/repaired goretex bivy bag....or a ....
icon12.gif

http://www.militarymart.co.uk

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I love Jonsson Moras!
Most of the knives I re-handle and made decent sheaths for start as one or other of his knives.
The blades are great...but the handles and sheaths they come with are awful!

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I'll give it a go one day, John, at re-handling, never done it before but at this price, who cares about the cock ups?
icon7.gif

See I've been misspelling his name but not misspelling "misspelling".

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice price on the Johnsson :approve:
I've got one of these and it's excellent :)

Pity Liverpool is such a long way away :sigh:
How's the parking at the Mart though ? Might be worth a long way round on a trip back north at some point.

cheers,
Toddy

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Don't know the length of tang but the blade is 11cm long. The parking area is excellent with no pay and display. I mentioned to the young man about more pics for the online site, think he'll be putting some up in the near future.

I've never seen so many jackets, hats, boots, rucksacks etc in a shop.

Must add, they have loads of cookware for scouts and groups.

apj1974

Nomad
Nov 17, 2009
Lancashire. UK
www.apj.org.uk
If they are not a rare variation of the red handled mora, the tang goes all way trough the handle and fastened with a "clip".

Tor

Got one sat right in front of me on my desk. Tang is full length fastened with clip. Handle is some sort of wood painted red, rubbish plastic sheath tends to scratch off the paint where it grips the handle. Blade is brill (laminated I think) and very nice to sharpen.

I'm actually after a nice leather sheath for it - not sure I've got the time or skills to make it myself - if anyone who has got experience at them wants to pm me.

John how do you get the clip off to rehandle them?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE