Middlewood - Backwoods camp with the Scouts (pic heavy)

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
For all those that have been to the Middlewood Meets that have taken place, I thought i would share these pictures of the place when there are leaves on the trees!

We have just spent an excellent weekend there with 6 Scouts and put some of Andywink's tarps and Launditch's tripod to the test!

Each of the Scouts made an individual breakfast pouch, which we supplimented with a couple of sausages and bread. Picture shows pouches on the embers...
SDC14036.jpg

As gordon would say..."Breakfast, DONE!"
SDC14038.jpg

Home for the weekend was my megatarp and hammock. I added a tripod made of Scout staffs to hang my rucksac and gear on...
SDC14040.jpg

The compulsory fire shot. (Lit by mini SWMBO using a ferro rod and a cotton wool ball:D )
SDC14102.jpg

Bread twists cooked over the fire...on a Grilliput grill...
SDC14160.jpg

Looking back at the camp fire from the woods. We rigged on of Andywink's tarps as a shelter and you can see Launditch's tripod too...
SDC14087.jpg

We had a late dinner on Saturday, expertly cooked by Pat (who lurks here, but is too shy to join:lmao: ), consisting of lamb chops, gammon steaks, pork steaks, beef steaks (cooked on a cast iron griddle) corn on the cob, salad mmmmm...
SDC14286.jpg

All the Scouts had a great time and have gone home, well fed, dirty and tired. No injuries, no stress - RESULT.

As a bonus for us, the warden asked when I was arranging another Bushcraft Meet, as he wants to join us....should we let him:rolleyes:

Simon

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Nice pics there Simon, seeing all that nice food has made me decide to take some fresh with me next time im out,having just spent a weekend living on rat packs!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i cannot wait till we can get over to middlewood simon, looks smashin m8.
just looking at getting my eldest in cubs/beavers soon to start him off on the life of greenery. he's already demanding to go out on our little walks round the local area!
good to see the scouts didn't go hungry though, that is some serious food! heh
;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE