Mid Wales meet October 2020?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Anyone interested in a meet up in Mid Wales around October time? I know of a few good places local to me where we can wild camp for a night and have a good chilled out skill share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
We may well be interested in this. I would have thought though that for a group meet the land owners permission or an official site might be a good idea. It's easy to stealth camp on your own but not so easy in a group.
Greg

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
We may well be interested in this. I would have thought though that for a group meet the land owners permission or an official site might be a good idea. It's easy to stealth camp on your own but not so easy in a group.
Greg

Yes fair comment Greg. Does anyone know of anywhere in Mid Wales?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I've been making enquiries for a while now but getting little response at the moment. People are a little reluctant to a) allow a group of, probably, mostly blokes on a formal campsite or b) allow any unknown group onto their land with the publicity of 'wild camping' recently.

I will continue to make enquiries (I have a number of farming contacts) but, in the short term, don't hold your breath.

Reactions: mowerman

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Or there's Hafren Forest Bunkhouse; Sarah's breakfasts are fantastic :)

There's room to camp as well as the bunkhouse itself; we could put canoes on the lake, there's off-piste cycle tracks through the forest and a nice trek to the source of the river Severn - just a thought.

Reactions: greg.g

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I've been making enquiries for a while now but getting little response at the moment. People are a little reluctant to a) allow a group of, probably, mostly blokes on a formal campsite or b) allow any unknown group onto their land with the publicity of 'wild camping' recently.

I will continue to make enquiries (I have a number of farming contacts) but, in the short term, don't hold your breath.

I’d definitely be interested in attending. I do a lot of wild camping but always alone so would be great to chill with some like minded people

Reactions: mowerman

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Or there's Hafren Forest Bunkhouse; Sarah's breakfasts are fantastic :)

There's room to camp as well as the bunkhouse itself; we could put canoes on the lake, there's off-piste cycle tracks through the forest and a nice trek to the source of the river Severn - just a thought.

I’m liking the sound of this!!!

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Not heard back yet, sorry.

I'll drop Sarah another email just to remind her. I know she has a pretty hectic day-job at the moment as well.

Hoping you hear something soon as would be good to have something to look forward to.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
OK, it looks like this could be on now! :)
I'm just waiting for a couple of weekend dates when they can accommodate us. When I have those I'll put up a new thread so that it's clear (from the top) what is being proposed and people can sign up to it.

Reactions: Onelifeoverland

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
See new thread here:

Apologies if the dates available don't satisfy everyone; we'll have more choice another time.

Reactions: greg.g

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
See new thread here:

Apologies if the dates available don't satisfy everyone; we'll have more choice another time.

Thanks for arranging this Broch.

Names added.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE