Mid range knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Is it possible to buy a good, strong knife for around £50? I've got a Clipper and would like something a little more sophisticated, but I'm struggling to find anything on the underside of three figures.

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
,imo, the cudeman 153l with olive wood handle brass pins 440 toledo steel and leather sheath is well worth the 30 quid ,,knifemanuk,,

Last edited:

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
You could also have a look at the Jack Pyke version of the bushcraft knife. I don't have one myself but I do know a couple of guys who do and they reckon they are good for the price.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
I'm trying to shift a knife of mine that you may like, it's a nieto, it's on the trading post so have a look, was going to post it on the swap shop in a bit.

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
You could look at an Enzo Trapper from Brisa and if you want a real bargin they sometimes have seconds (slight defects in the handles) for about £60 delivered to the UK.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
check out the mora web page, they have some good priced blades that may suit your needs.....................

chris..........................................

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Wow guys, such a good response and some great suggestions. Thanks.

Having looked at all the options you guys have come up with I think the way forward is the Enzo Trapper. Looking at their site you can buy blades only for 43.00 Eur (36.52 GBP). Fortunately I have some Cocobolo at home which will make a great pair of scales and I've always wanted to try my hand at leather work too.

Can anyone tell me though; the blade are available in O1 and D2 steel, as well as stainless, I'd rather avoid stainless so what's the difference between O1 and D2 with regards to maintenance and sharpening? I understand D2 is quite tough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE