metal detector

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
im thinking of buying a metal detector, but haven't a clue what to buy or were to get one from.Anyone on here does it ?or can anyone give me some advice or point me in the right direction please

Jun 5, 2009
Somerset
Prices can range from £100 upwards, what is your budget and would you prefer new or second hand, as you could get more for your money.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
These are the two main metal detecting magazines for the UK.

They'll have a lot of information that you want about various detectors by way of field tests etc.

Do make sure you read up about the portable antiquities legislation so you don't slip up when you find your first pot of gold :)

Treasure Hunting

The Searcher

franglais

Tenderfoot
Jun 4, 2013
France
C-Scope are the market leaders, second hand prices are good as most people who buy them get bored or get hooked and buy a better model, any C-Scope with a discriminator will do as a starter, there is a certain amount of skill involved in metal detecting. Our house was used by the resistance during the war, so I keep hoping to find some nazi gold, found a revolver, army lighter, flag pole insignia, several buttons and coins with my C-Scope, also found a 1856 pinfire revolver hidden behind one of the attic beams, it's in perfect condition and there were eight cartridges with it, the cartridges were in a 1930's lozenge tin, so we assume it was used by the resistance even though it was already old in the 40's. When we bought the house, which has been empty since the end of the war there was some graffiti written in English (Fred was here, so was Bill, was all it said) at first we assumed some passing Brits had had a nose around and decided to pencil their names on the wall, later on we found out that two British airmen were rescued from the bottom field and brought to the house by the resistance, so now we wonder were Fred and Bill the two airman, good luck, you'll get addicted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE